part 45.

"You both knew the kind of life I lived." Skylar continued her ordeal.

"I  dated several men at once, got pregnant but I wouldn't know who was the particular father, unwilling and not being ready to take care of an unplanned pregnancy; I terminated them several times.

But the last one I did ended my world, I almost died which looking back today! I wish I did."

"But  Skyler!" Mandy called out.

"No  Mandy, you have to listen to what I'm telling you. the last abortion I carried out destroyed my world and destroyed any hope I have of ever being a mother and future.

"So tell me Mandy, what is there to live for again? What hope do I have now my world is shattered into pieces?

Skylar took up the bottle of alcohol she imbibed  from prior to taking her own life and smashed it on the ground. "Look at this!"  She pointed to the shattered bottle. "Look  at that bottle over there, can any of you be able to mend it again?"

She shook her head. "No,  it could never be mended, that is what I am now, broken home, destroyed sister and finally a shattered life!" Skylar began to wail uncontrollably again.

"There is nothing to live for again, nothing! this is a cruel and wicked world and I regret ever being born, I regret everything."

" But you didn't tell us, why? why didn't you?" Mandy asked Skylar: but she knew that question could also be directed to her.

"Oh I almost did,, I remembered a time when the whole situation got to me, I felt like I was running crazy and I needed someone to talk to: but the name of Ifes kept chiming in my heart."

Mandy tilted her head to look at Ifes who was beginning to get filled with realisation.

"I made her promise me that she wouldn't tell any of you about our meeting, looking at your expression; I reckon she kept to her word."

Ifes felt her heart going down her stomach as she clearly remembered that day, the frightened look on Skylar's face, the trembling body, and the way she spoke. What has she done? why didn't she go back to Skyler and find out what plagued her heart?

"I wanted to start telling her about it when Megan called me, since then; I have not been able to muster the courage to talk to her again."

"I'm sorry Skylar, I'm sorry you're going through all this and none of us were there for you!" Mandy said.

"It wasn't your fault?" Skylar  raised her head and  looked at her friends amidst tears. "Now that you're here, you might as well pass me a farewell message across to our friends, tell them everything I just told you, they would understand, tell everyone I love them and you all should always keep me alive in your hearts."

" Don't say such things Skylar!!!"

She ignored Mandy. "Now  I want you to turn around and leave my house unless you also want to tell how I'll."

Mandy looked at her friend's situation and didn't know what to make of it, before Christ came into her life; didn't she speak those exact words that Skylar was speaking now? didn't she tell her Father she regretted being born? Mandy felt the sorrow in those words but she didn't know between she and Skylar, who suffered the most.

"I said get out of my house you two!"  Skylar's voice drifted Mandy away from her thoughts.

They wanted to plead with her to retrograde her decision but she had told them that any persuasion would make her end it faster.

"Alright Skylar, if that is how you want it, we would leave: but before then; there's something I'd like to tell you too, I have also kept some secrets from you as well."