part 5.

Woodway Texas, United States of America. 

Mandy and her friends made preparations to leave for Pennsylvania. They discussed how they'd blend into college life. 

Bradley went back to Dr Harry to inform him of his admission to the University of Pennsylvania. Doctor Harry wished him luck, and referred him to one of the specialists in Philadelphia. 

As Bradley walked out of Dr Harry's office, his gaze fell on the nurse who had helped him the last time he was there. 

"Pleased to see you again, Nurse." Bradley said, stretching out his hand for a handshake. 

The nurse received the handshake. "It's Fiona." She beamed.

"Bradley. I'm Bradley Harper. I've gained admission into the University of Pennsylvania. I came to tell the doctor." 

"This means the doctor will be referring you to another hospital over there in Pennsylvania?" 

"He has already transferred me." Bradley grimaced. 

The nurse placed one of her hands on his. "Don't worry, it is well." 

"Can it ever be well with cancer?" 

The nurse winced upon hearing that he was diagnosed with cancer. 

"Not cancer. It's you I'm referring to. It is well with you." 

"Which god were you talking about the last time we spoke?" Bradley asked, unable to stifle his curiosity. 

"There is only one true God, and he is the one I was talking about."

Bradley shot her a confused look. "Which religion do you belong to?" 

"I am not a religionist, but I am proud to say I'm a Christian!" The nurse was unable to stifle her glee as she made that affirmation. 

Becoming more confused than he was, Bradley asked the nurse. "Is Christianity not listed as one of the religions in the world?" 

"That's how the world sees it, but in the Bible, the people who were called Christians were those whom they said lived like Jesus." 

Bradley swore under his breath. He asked a series of questions but wasn't persuaded with the answers the nurse gave him.

"I really don't believe you, I don't think there is any difference from your sky daddy and other gods. There is no peace in the world, everyone suffers regardless of their religion. People get sick. People die. You know what else?" Bradley's blue eyes stared right into the nurse's brown eyes. "I think you are weird. I should be on my way." 

Bradley proceeded to walk away when the nurse said something that made the hairs at the back of his head stand as though he had stepped on a live wire. 

"You said there is no peace in the world. Yes, I agree with you, but I have peace because I am in Christ and I am not of this world." 

Peace! The same peace he was looking for? Was the nurse telling the truth or she was pretending like he did to his friends? Should he turn and listen to her? Why should he? As far as he was concerned, there was no peace in the world. The nurse was just lying and pretending. That was what they were. Religious people. All pretenders. Bradley hurriedly walked out of the hospital without looking back. 

"Oh Father! You said you've answered my prayers. When I saw him today, I thought it was the opportunity you gave me to lead him to Christ, but I didn't make good use of it," the nurse prayed. 

"Yes, Fiona, beloved, I answered your prayers. Leave him to me. Be still and know that I am God." Nurse Fiona gave thanks to God and went about her duties.