part 2.

The SS3 students' results were out a week before the close of the third term. Ifes and the other SS3 students used their scratch cards to check their results online. Some of their results were outstanding, while the rest of them were just average. No one got below the average mark. 

Ifesinachi's result stood out, tall and shiny like a beacon upon a hill, among the rest. Out of nine written subjects, she got seven A1's and two B2's. Another student that came close was a female science student who got six A1's, two B2's and one C5.

"Mummy! Mummy! Mum, where are you?" Ifes excitedly called out to her mum as she entered the compound gate.

Ifes saw her father coming out as she approached the door of her living room. 

"Come and give Daddy the good news!" Ifesinachi's father, Mr Ifaeanyi smiled, spreading out his hands, inviting his daughter for a hug. 

"Daddy!" Ifes happily ran into her father's arms. 

Her father whirled her around before dropping her gently. He glanced at the white envelope she was holding in her right hand. "Let's see what my baby has inside that envelope." 

"Not yet," she said, dangling the envelope away from his curious grasp. "Why are you back early today from work?" Ifes looked at her dad questioningly. 

"Because I want to share in my baby's joy." Ifeanyi tipped his daughter's chin with his index finger. 

Ifes blushed shyly. "But you haven't even seen the results and you're saying you want to share in my joy." 

"Well, in case you have forgotten, let me remind you that I am your father, and I know what my Princess can do." Ifeanyi put his arm around his daughter's shoulders. "So, can I see what is inside that white envelope?" 

"No way!" Ifes jerked away, hiding the envelope behind her. "Mum will see it first!" Ifes said jokingly. 

"But I saw you first," Ifeanyi said, pointing to himself. "I should also see the result first as well." 

"No! Catch me first." Ifes gave a sly smile and started running away from her dad. 

"You children nowadays. I will show you that I can run faster than Usain Bolt!" Mr Ifeanyi said with laughter in his voice as he flexed his muscles in preparation for running.

Ifes and Ifeanyi started running around the compound, panting and laughing. They practically ran around the compound building, the trees and even her father's commercial bus. She increased her speed when her dad got close to grabbing her. 

Before she challenged her father to the race, she believed that her dad would get tired and quit running after her at some point, then she would emerge as the winner. 

Unfortunately, things weren't working as planned. She was the one getting tired, but she still didn't want to quit so her dad wouldn't be the winner. She had started it, and she would end it anyhow. 

"Hey! Hey! Do you want to kill my daughter?" Mrs Oluebube bellowed when she saw them through the open window. 

"Oh, God! God! Thank you!" Ifes exclaimed happily in her heart and winked at her dad. 

Ifeanyi smiled as his gaze met his wife who was now coming towards them. 

"What is happening here?" Oluebube asked, her eyes flickering from her daughter to her husband. As she came closer, her eyes glanced down at the envelope in Ifesinachi's hAnd then she got the message. 

"I told Daddy I was going to show you the results first. I love you so much Dad." Ifes went close to her dad handing him the envelope. "You and Mum should take a look at it together, I love you two so much!" Ifes beamed with so much passion in her eyes, then turned around and walked into the house.