part 37

Dedicated to Chuyu123

***

"I was perplexed at the whole thing so decided to keep listening to hear your response." But Ayo did not tell her that his Heart was thumping loudly at the same time. "Umm! Well, your answers were amazing but I wouldn't say if I felt relieved or..." The rest of his words hung on air.

" Guilty, you meant to say." Ifes said.

"No no! It's not that, it's just that, well: just forget about it."

Ifes saw the confused expression on Ayo's face and gently held one of his hands. "I can understand how this must have felt for you, being interested in someone and it is being reciprocated by her own best friend."

"But you never told me: ifes, even the day I asked you out."

" I'm sorry!, it's just that I thought, well, I thought." Ifes waved her hand. "nevermind."

Ayo gazed into space. " I think I am beginning to fix the puzzle now."

" What puzzle is that?"

"All those times, all those times you left Mandy and I in the middle of a Hangout, when you seemed less interested in our conversations, the sudden distancing, all of it, I mean: all of it."

At this point, Ifes wished Ayo would stop talking as though he was trying to recount all her sins as the Bible said it would be on judgement day.

"Tell me Ifes." Ayo's voice drifted her back from her own world. "You did all these because you were aware of her feelings for me right?"

"Ayo , let's not stay over matters that are inconsequential, so what do you plan on doing with the knowledge you gained?"

Hmm! Ayo inhaled and exhaled.

" I must be honest with you Ayo, she loves you: Mandy loves you so much and I'm hoping that the answer you are about to give me would be encouraging."

After hearing Mandy's and Ifes conversations, Ayo went back to his dorm room and pondered over what he heard... Determining not to go through the same heartbreak again, he went to God and prayers.

"I spoke with the Holy Spirit about this, so he helped me sort it out." Ayo said.

Ha! But it was just a relationship matter na!"

A relationship that might have a bleak or a promising future... I don't know about your Ifes but I involve the Holy Spirit even in the smallest matters that concern me."

"Oh! okay I see." Ifes had never seen how important it was for a guy to pray for what she regarded as the smallest things as an ordinary relationship but Ayo was beginning to make her see the importance.

"If I had asked the Holy Spirit first before asking you out, I wouldn't have; umm!nevermind."

Beginning to feel uncomfortable with the conversation, Ifes was eager to end it as fast as she could, what excuse was she going to give to him now to walk out of this conversation? It looked like her leg was beginning to ache her? or the night breeze was prickling her skin so much and she could stand it no more? Ayo looked eager to continue talking.

"I prayed about it and it turned out positive."

Ifes heaved a sigh of relief, in fact she smiled.

"I had to come talk to you about it." Ayo said.

Ifes looked at him and grinned mischievously. "Las las, I hope you're not trying to tell me that the Holy Spirit is teaching you how to chase girls sha?"