part 22

Dedicated to my personal lord and savior Jesus Christ 😊

On Sunday of the same week....

The alarm clock chimed, 4:30 a.m..

Ifes opened her eyes, and saw a figure standing in front of her bed..

Her vision was blurry, she closed her eyes and opened again to be sure of who it was..

You finally woke up, sleepy head, good morning." Mandy said when she noticed Ifes recognised her.

Sitting straight in her bed, she let out a yawn.. how long have you been standing here? When did you wake up?"

Let's just say I remembered telling you that you won't have to wake me up on Sunday mornings again."

How long have you been standing here?

I have been trying to wake you up for the past 6 minutes, thank God the alarm came to my rescue, I've been up since /4AM you know!"

Ifes rolled her eyes.. even if you have been awake since 1 a.m., so what?"

I know you also roll your eyes even when you sleep."

Ifes smirked.. I want to sleep some more."

Isn't that your profession? smirking and rolling your eyes."

Ifes ignored her roommate and laid back in her bed..

Alright, let the cat and dog fight begin." Mandy spun around and walked towards the water dispenser.

Mandy came back with a glass of water and met her friend's absence then discovered she had entered the bathroom..

I have been able to iron your clothes and mine, you know what? I can't wait to take Avery and Bradley to church today!" Mandy spoke loud and excitedly, hurrying Ifes to dress for church that morning.

She literally helped Ifes select her handbag, shoes, clothes, makeup, and jewelries, telling her the one that fits and the ones that wouldn't.

As she continued having her bath, Mandy knocked on her bathroom door thrice in different intervals.

Hurry up please, Avery and Bradley can not be late on their first day to church."

Late? but I haven't stayed up to 3 minutes in the bathroom, abeg wait make I bathe finish jorh!" Ifes shrugged.

You know I didn't understand that last part."

Who's fault? I wasn't saying it for you to understand. Ifes smirked at her despite knowing that she couldn't see her.

Mandy Sparked!  I am going to kick you out of that place myself if you don't come out in 2 minutes time."

Abeg comot there!" Ifes said in Nigerian pidgin English  when she heard the sound of Mandy's footsteps slowly fading away as she wasn't brave enough to say it to her hearing...

After dressing up, Mandy and Ifes made straight for Avery's dorm room which was couple inches away , they also went to Chini's dorm room, and finally left to   catch up with Bradley and Ayo who were already waiting for them..

Avery and Bradley felt nervous and sceptical  about going to Church for the first time!

You don't know how happy I am that you are coming along with us to church!" Mandy held Bradley and  Avery's hands squeezing gently.

Avery opened her mouth, but couldn't alter a word and closed it back.

Umm! I , umm! I didn't buy any new clothes for church, I don't know if this is good to go?" Bradley stammered shifting his gaze to Ayo.