|17| The Romeo To My Juliet

(Your POV)

"So, tomorrow we will be eating dinner with Asano-san and his son," your mother announced as you slowly munched your food in silence.

You were tired, you just wanted to sleep. At least that way you wouldn't have to think of all the new problems that had arisen out of thin air.

'Wait,' your eyes turned wide opened. 'Asano is coming to dinner?'

Oh no...

What if he let your meet up with Karma slip?! Wait. Why did you even bother? It wasn't like you were friends anymore... At least that's what he had made you understand...

"So Akiro," your father initiated a conversation, "why don't you tell your mother what you've been doing this year?" Your father flashed your mother a rather arrogant smile as if he were challenging her.

You quickly spaced out of the conversation. It was the last thing you needed... You munched on your food slowly as you thought about anything other than what was being discussed at the moment.

"(Y/N)!" Your mother suddenly took you out of your trance.

You immediately turned your whole attention towards her. You had no idea what she had just said since you weren't listening. You mentally slapped your head for your carelessness. You would have to pay more attention at dinner time.

"I said," your mother flashed you a smile, although her eyes said another thing. "Why don't you tell your father how well the shooting of the movie went?"

Nodding your head, you began telling him what she had asked you to but, as you were getting to the end of your explanation, your father quickly interrupted you.

"Well, Akiro's job offer sure has a future," he said, turning his attention towards your brother.

"Oh yeah?" Your mother seethed. "Well (Y/N) scored number one in the whole grade in the science test," she announced proudly as a smile couldn't help but tug your lips. It had been a long time since you had seen your mother feel so proud of you in front of your father. You would be lying if you said you didn't like it.

"Akiro's job will provide him with a lot of money," your father counterattacked as things began heating up.

"(Y/N) got into the top ten in her whole grade, she also has a bright future ahead of her," she remarked, the smile not leaving your face.

You watched the scene unfold in silence, celebrating your victory inside your head since you knew fully well the consequences that awaited you if you ever were to open your mouth. Your brother, who was sitting in front of you, boredly looked down at his food, remaining as silent as you.

"Then why is she still in the end class?!" Your father yelled, slamming his hands on the table, standing up abruptly, pushing his chair along the way as your smile faltered. Oh no.

"I will request a transfer as soon as possible," your mother seethed, standing up too. "She just received her grades today."

The whole house was silent, your parents challenging one another just by looking at each other.

"So, (Y/N) will return back to the main campus as soon as possible," your father finally said, calmly folding his napkin as he sat back down.

"That's what we just discussed," your mother replied as she sat down too.

The rest of the dinner was spent in silence. Once that horrible dinner was finally over, your brother and you were finally dismissed. None of you looked at each other as you returned to your rooms. Closing the door shut, it didn't take you long to change into your pajamas. You uncovered your bed and, as you were about to get inside the covers, a small pebble hitting your window caught your attention. Ignoring it, you got inside the covers and closed your eyes, tomorrow would be a busy day and you'd have to regain your strength. That dinner had drained you.