|49| Trust

(Your POV)

"Dammit! She was blending in with the shadows!" Isogai cursed as you all began firing into the bush.

Luckily, you were able to neutralize Hazama but it was too late. She had already shot Sugino and Fuwa.

"Dang it!" Fuwa exclaimed as she looked down at the red paint tainting her clothes. "Now we're down by two."

"(Y/N), do you think you can manage?" Isogai looked up at you. "You and Sugino are both the stars at hand to hand combat in our team but he's out now."

"Yeah, don't worry," you nodded your head in reassurance.

Isogai, Yada and you continued making your way to the enemy camp whilst Sugino and Fuwa withdrew from the battlefield.

Out of nowhere, Isogai was shot straight on the head as the red paint splattered all over his uniform.

In an instant, Yada and you retreated and ran for cover. Your back was pressed against the trunk of a tree as you slowly took a peak, being very careful not to be seen. Your eyes followed the trajectory the bullet had taken and you soon spotted Hayami up in a tree.

From the corner of your eye you saw Yada frantically waving her hands to grab your attention. She pointed at where Hayami was and motioned you to get closer and shoot her. Nodding your head, you followed her instructions and managed to get there in record time. Yada on the other hand, had been distracting Hayami and was covering your back. So, without any difficulties whatsoever, you shot the orange-haired girl on the back, blue paint smearing all over her uniform.

"Sorry Hayami," you chuckled.

"Yeah! Way to go (Y/N)!" Yada excitedly jumped up and down.

However, her celebration was cut short when Itona appeared out of nowhere and shot her. Your eyes widened in surprise. Everything had happened so quickly, you barely had any time to process it.

Shaking your head, you were quick to get back to work. You were lucky he hadn't seen you. So, you used that to your advantage and sneaked behind his back but unfortunately he heard you coming. Itona swung his leg in hopes of knocking you unconscious. You managed to dodge in the nick of time as you then lunged forward, your grip on your knife tightening. In one swift movement, you slashed him on the side, blue paint flying everywhere and even staining your cheek.

"Wow (Y/N)," someone whistled from behind.

Their sudden presence nearly gave you a heart attack as you immediately turned around and pointed your knife at them.

"Gee relax," Maehara chuckled and lowered your knife. "Come on, come with me," he then grabbed your hand and began dragging you through the woods. "We can ambush Karma together."

Nodding your head, you trailed behind him, making as little noise as possible. After a few minutes, you finally reached Karma's spot but before you could even come up with a plan, Maehara lunged at the redhead, his attack rustling the leaves from the bush you were hiding in and alerting Karma of your position.

"Maehara wait!" You yelled and tried to grab his hand.

But you were too late and before you knew it, Karma had stabbed the boy with the knife on his left hand whilst you had been shot by his gun in his right hand.

"Thank you for making all that noise, Maehara," Karma smirked.

You then noticed how his eyes discreetly glanced at you but it was so brief that it could've just been your imagination.

"With this, it is one against one," he simply turned around to face the leader of the opposing team. "Let's end this Nagisa-kun."

You watched Karma and Nagisa's fight in silence. The two of them had agreed to a one on one. No guns, only knives.