|58| History Repeats Itself

A/N: Important note at the end, PLEASE READ!! :)

Also, this chapter starts right after Reader and Akiro's fight in Chapter 50

(Akiro's POV)

Five days after the argument

I could barely sleep these past few days. My argument with (Y/N) was always on my mind.

No matter what I did, no matter how much I tried to get it off my head, her cries would haunt me wherever I went.

I huffed and shook my head multiple times, not wanting to think about it.

"Sensei, are you okay?" A little girl's voice brought me back to reality.

I had to blink a few times as I slowly inspected the room. I had been so caught up thinking about my problems, I had completely spaced out.

"Uh yes, I'm fine." I shook my head one last time. I had to focus.

"Are you sick?" The seven-year old girl asked me.

"No, I'm not sick." I rolled my eyes.

"Do you have a fever or something?" She insisted as she got closer and placed her little hand on my forehead.

"Akemi, I'm fine, focus on your song." I sighed as I pulled her hand away.

She always liked to change the topic during our classes. Always doing whatever was necessary to not play the piano.

"But you look sad." Akemi pouted. "Whenever mommy looks sad, daddy says it's because she's feeling sick."

"But I'm not sick," I retorted, hoping that she would drop the topic so we could continue the lesson.

"Then why are you sad?"

I didn't answer her question because... I didn't even know the answer myself.

Was I sad? I didn't know... Whenever I thought about my family, the only emotion I felt was hatred. I wanted nothing to do with them. I wanted nothing to do with my-... with my sister...

"I'm not sad, Akemi," I finally said, getting a bit annoyed by her intrusive questions.

'She's just a child Akiro,' I had to remind myself. 'Don't be like father.'

"Let's focus, okay?" I said, this time making sure to be more gentle. "Why don't you show me what you've been working on?" I pointed at the music sheets on the piano.

"I'll do it and I'll even tell my parents what an amazing teacher you are if we play a duet afterwards," she grinned mischievously.

"Are you blackmailing me?" I scoffed in disbelief.

"What's blackmail?" She tilted her head to the side.

"It's similar to threatening someone to do something for your own benefit," I explained.

"What does threaten mean?" Her curious bright blue eyes were wider than ever as she stared right at me.

"It means to-" I paused. "This isn't a Japanese class," I frowned upon realizing her plan.

Was she really trying to distract me from the lesson?

"But you're such a good teacher," she smiled.

'Since when are children so manipulative?' I asked myself.

"I'm not falling for your little tricks, Akemi." I narrowed my eyes as she only got closer to me, our faces now face to face as a mischievous smile began playing along her lips.