|69| After The Storm

A/N: Fun game at the end!! :)

(Your POV)

No one uttered a word as you made your way down the mountain. Everyone was mourning his death. Even Bitch-sensei and Karasuma-sensei were silent, faces somber as they led the way.

You soon reached the mountainside and began parting ways, quiet goodbyes being exchanged between one other. Your hands were tucked inside your pockets as you walked beside Karma. No conversation sparked either. You were still trying to digest the truth.

Koro-sensei was gone.

You slowly lifted your gaze from the ground and the sight that greeted you made you come to an abrupt stop. There was a familiar dark blue car parked right next to the school. Akiro. You and Karma shared a look and silently walked over to the driver's side. What you saw inside was something you would've never imagined.

Akiro was sound asleep, head buried in his arms that were resting on the steering wheel. A warmth embraced you. Had he been waiting for you all along?

You gently knocked on the window, the soft sound startling him awake. As soon as his blood red eyes met yours, he was quick to unlock the door and get out.

"(Y/N)," he breathed, voice filled with nothing but relief as he suddenly brought you in for an unexpected hug.

Your eyes were wide as you turned your head just slightly and stared at the back of your brother's head, strands of his black hair tickling your nose. You were speechless, not used to seeing him display so much affection towards you. Had he missed you that much?

Once you separated, his gaze then met Karma's and they seemed to share a knowing look.

"You seem tired." Akiro said as he looked back at you. "I'll drive you home so you can rest."

The ride seemed to go by without you even noticing. There was no talking involved. The only thing you did was look out the window as you nuzzled the collar of Karma's jacket and inhaled the sweet strawberry scent. After you gave Kayano your jacket to cover up, Karma had then insisted you wore his.

Before you knew it, you arrived at Karma's neighborhood. You quickly took off his jacket and handed it over to him. He simply told you to keep it, you would get cold he had said. Smiling softly, you wished him goodnight.

Karma got out of the car but just as he was about to walk away, you heard Akiro unbuckling his seatbelt and stepping out of the car too. This piqued your interest as you curiously peered through the window.

(Akiro's POV)

"Karma. Wait." I stopped him before he could go any further.

Closing the door, I approached the boy whose red hair was quite messy and whose mercury eyes seemed tired and less alert than usual. Whatever had happened in that mountain had definitely scarred them and left them restless.

We stood face to face and stared at each other in silence.

"Thank you," I finally said, "for taking care of (Y/N)."

He nodded in acknowledgement. "You're welcome but I was gonna do it anyway." The barest smile flickered over his lips.

I found myself fighting back one too. "I know."

Another silence followed.

"Karma." Something inside me urged me to call his name.

The redhead paused and arched his eyebrows. I hesitated and chewed on the inside of my cheek. I was never good with these things, especially face to face and with no plan. Regardless, I tried to put my thoughts out in the open.