|35| The End Of The Chase

A/N: Ok so if you follow me you might've already read this message but basically, I wasn't too happy with how I had tackled the first part of the Kunigigaoka school festival arc (in chapter 34) so I decided to do some changes in that part. I do recommend checking it out though it doesn't really change that much of the story as a whole.

Hope you guys don't mind!!

(Your POV)

"We have three more orders!" Fuwa barged into the kitchen, panting and out of breath.

"Yes I know, I'm waiting for the mushrooms," Muramatsu replied.

"Give me one more minute!" You exclaimed, speeding up your speed and chopping more mushrooms.

"Another two more!" Yoshida shouted, suddenly appearing at the door.

"Table four is missing a Tamagotake!" Kurahashi popped out of nowhere.

"I'm trying my best!" You panicked, cutting the mushrooms at an even faster speed.

"Can't someone come and help her?" Muramatsu asked as he poured the soup into two bowls. "There's too many orders!"

"I'll see if I can find someone!" Fuwa nodded and left the kitchen.

"Thanks," you faced Muramatsu, wiping away the sweat from your forehead. "I'm sorry for going so slow," you shamefully looked down at the ground.

"You're doing fine," he sighed, "there's just too many people today," he shook his head. "Make sure you don't cut yourself, okay?" He warned as he focused his attention back to the cooking.

Nodding, you continued cutting the vegetables. It was the second day of the school festival and only an hour had passed since you opened the restaurant but you felt like you had been going on like that for hours.

You had managed to attract a lot of clients but it was all thanks to Yuuji who you discovered was one of the most influential food critics. Even though Nagisa had broken his heart when he discovered he was actually a boy, Yuuji managed to put his feelings aside and give your restaurant an honest and great review.

That was why today you had so many clients. Yuuji's reviews were so influential that even news reporters were attracted to your class' restaurant. And that was also the reason why you were stuck in the kitchen since you couldn't be seen on television.

"Need a hand?" Karma's voice startled you.

"Oh, thank goodness you're here," you spun around and sighed in relief. "You have to help me chop these vegetables."

You were quick to get back to work and Karma, after washing his hands, soon followed your example.

"(Y/N)-chan~ it's no wonder you aren't keeping up with the orders. You're doing it all wrong." He shook his head in disapproval, his comment making a vein pop in your head.

"Geez Karma." You rolled your eyes. "You haven't even been in the room for more than five minutes and you're already complaining."

"Heh, what can I say?" He shrugged, a teasing smile tugging at his lips. "I'm not gonna praise your bad work."

"Bad work!?" You gasped.

"You've never been very good with a knife." He pointed out rather bluntly.

"Well if you were going to act this rudely," you scoffed, "then you should pack your things and go back to the hell you came from, you devil."

"Aww I wasn't tryna make you feel bad~" he snickered. "What about this?" He tilted his head to the side. "If you can chop more mushrooms than me, I'll let you give me a kiss."