|48| The Rift

(Your POV)

"Uh... (Y/N)?" Kayano called just as you were leaving her hospital room, her voice somewhat hesitant.

"Huh? What is it?" You turned around.

"Can I talk to you? It'll just be a few seconds," she smiled weakly.

Though a bit weirded out, you complied with her request and walked over to the bed whilst the rest of the group left the room.

"Is something wrong Kayano?" You asked and tilted your head to the side.

"Uh... you see," she bit her bottom lip. "I've been thinking about it these past few days," she began. "And well, now that you know who I am... I just wanted to tell you to be careful in the industry."

You slowly nodded your head and remained silent so that she could continue talking.

"Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed being an actress but... I decided to take a break because it could get a bit overwhelming," she paused. "I was a child actor so I spent a lot of my time shooting movies and didn't get to make many friends. And, when I did, I didn't know who to trust. I kept asking myself if they were just my friends because I was famous."

"I'm sorry you had to go through all that alone," you grabbed her hand to reassure her you were there for her.

"Thanks (Y/N)," she smiled back. "You see, even though the role I played in this classroom was just as a means to get revenge on Koro-sensei, being Kaede Kayano... it really made me happy. I got to make real friends and I'm really grateful for everything you've all done for me," she said, in the brink of tears. "So, I just wanted to tell you that, even if they pressure you to continue acting, remember that you're doing this for yourself. It's okay to take a break if you're ever feeling overwhelmed. It's okay to want to live your own life, not the role they assign you. If I could turn back time... I-I would've spent more time with my sister..."

_________________________

"You coming?" Karma called.

"Oh yeah," you shook your head to clear your thoughts.

You silently followed Karma to the train station. Whenever you crossed paths with anyone, you were quick to lower your head and look down to the ground, that way, the scarf you were wearing would cover more of your face.

This time, you had opted not to put on the contact lenses as they made you quite uncomfortable, especially after wearing them for a couple of hours.

Once the train arrived, the two of you got inside and sat down on the empty seats. You vacantly stared at the ground, your mind elsewhere as Kayano's words replayed over and over inside your head.

Not pursuing a career in acting wasn't news to you. You had already decided on that decision the day Koro-sensei called you to discuss your plans for the future.

Now that you thought about it... you had been very confident with your decision to the point where you were even planning on telling your mother. You never ended up telling her did you?

'I did tell Akiro...' you bit your bottom lip as you fidgeted with the hem of your skirt.

You remembered that day was also the day Akiro announced his decision to move out. That news had left you quite restless since they had come quite abruptly, especially now that you were finally getting along. But, that was also the day of Kaori's confession...

Wow. It all happened on the same day? No wonder all that confidence you had built up during your talk with Koro-sensei was practically thrown out the window. Now it made sense why you never got the chance to stand up to your mother...