|36| Private Tutor

(Your POV)

"For the first semester midterms, I set the goal of the entire class placing within the top 50, correct?" Koro-sensei smiled. "I would like to apologize for that," he sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. "I was too anxious to see the fruits of my labour and I failed to consider my enemy's movements as well... But things are different now, now your minds and spirits have matured and I believe that you would be able to accomplish that goal, no matter what challenges faced you."

You slowly nodded your head, focusing all your attention on Koro-sensei's speech and trying your best to match your teacher's up-beat energy but it was much easier said than done. Honestly, you were exhausted. You were so tired, you were even having difficulties keeping your eyes open and were beginning to regret staying awake until so late at night.

Without even realizing it, your eyes slowly began to close, your body seeming to weigh more and more as you leaned on your arm, your head resting on the palm of your hand. You were just so... tired...

But, you were soon broken out of your trance since, out of nowhere, a paper ball was thrown at your direction, hitting your head. The unexpected action made you jolt your head upwards as you looked down at the ball, your eyebrows knitting together as you unfolded the paper.

'Why so tired? :)' It read.

You were quick to recognize the handwriting as you turned your head so you were facing the person sitting next to you. Karma was casually leaning back on his chair, a mischievous grin plastered all over his face. You couldn't help fighting back a smile at his playfulness as you mouthed the words: 'you know why'.

"You are now ready to place within the top 50, return to the main school building and graduate from class E!" Koro-sensei continued, his already big smile widening even more as you turned your attention back at him.

"You sure it will go that well?" Sugino arched his eyebrows, not really convinced. "I heard class A got a new teacher... none other than the principal himself."

Upon hearing Sugino's comment, you raised your eyebrows, your eyes widening slightly. That was... unexpected... If Asano-san had gone to the trouble of teaching class 3A, that meant that he really felt threatened by the end class. You supposed the school festival's results must have unsettled him since your class had managed to score third place.

The lesson soon continued as usual and you quickly got back to studying. Now that you knew the principal would be teaching 3A, you would have to work really hard if you wanted to beat the main campus' students. Asano-san was a force to be reckoned with and his teaching methods were just as good as Koro-sensei's.

You remembered when you were still at your old school, you were having troubles in math so your mother asked Asano-san if he could explain the lesson to you. It had honestly been surreal. His teaching methods were exquisite and you grasped the topic so quickly and with such ease that when the time of the exam came, you had gotten a perfect score whilst many of the class had failed.

Now that you thought about it, that probably was the reason why your mother had made you change schools...

Recess finally came and by that time, you were so tired you were beginning to doubt your ability to stay awake.

"Why are you so tired (Y/N)?" Nakamura asked as she took a seat next to you.

"I barely had any sleep last night," you mumbled with your eyes still closed, too lazy to even open them as you leaned against the trunk of the tree.

"Huh, really?" She asked. "What kept you up?"

"Karma," you sighed, the words spilling out of your mouth before you even had the time to react.