XXIII

"How is this possible....we carried your body, you had huge shards of rocks sticking out of you...massive blood loos...and we checked your pulse and there was none...how can you be a-Alive?" the EMT questioned as he backed away from your body. You sighed and looked at your hands in interest. You knew the exact answer to his question...

Your curse...Immortality.

You rose from the ground and took another look at the burned grounds of the highway to hear the loud sirens blaring down the road and a faint image of firetrucks and emergency personnel rushing over your way. You knew that it was time to run once again and hide, but first you needed to get some clothes.

You turned around to see the EMT still bewildered and afraid by the fact that you were alive and before him.

"I need some clothes," you stated, "Can you please spare me some to borrow?"

It was so clear that he was scared.The absolute horror completely paralyzed him, and the more he thought about run away, or simply moving a bit, the more he felt discouraged and utterly terrified. But you were going to make the decision for him.

"Sorry..." you mumbled as you quickly took a scalpel and swiftly slit his neck.

You soon turn back towards the noise of the sirens to hear they were getting closer. You tsked and quickly took off on your foot.

You knew that with your immortality, you were basically quirkless. You being quirkless depended mostly on the severity of the damage and given that huge pillars of rocks were embedded in your body, you knew it would be a while before you would get your quirk.

Distance was all that mattered. You weren't stopping for anyone or anything, and you sure as hell wasn't going back. You ran through a maze of buildings and winding side streets as the sky rumbled. You quickly took cover in the alley way and hide behind a dumpster.

You glanced over the trash to see three squad cars passing by. She sighed and took a seat on the ground. You reached your hand out and looked at it.

"Well well well," a voice called out.

You looked up to see a fairly tall, pale young man of a slim, somewhat-lanky build around his early twenties with longish, black hair that spikes up around his head, hanging low over his eyes, which are thin, turquoise in color, and heavily lidded.

"You know you are causing quite a ruckus bring those police around these parts," he stoically stated.

"Your point?" you questioned.

"My point is why are they interested in you?" he asked as he leaned forward and there you got a better look at him. The patches of gnarled, wrinkled, purple skin that cover much of his lower face and neck, all the way down past his collarbone, below his eyes and on his arms and legs. These appear to be attached to the rest of his skin by multiple, crude surgical staples or hoop piercings, making it impossible to tell if these scars were accidental or self-inflicted...it was disgusting, "you must be a person of interest and may help against our cause."

"Our cause?" you asked.

"The League of Villains of course," he said with a sadistic smirk plastered on his face.

Villany was the last thing you wanted to be involved in and yet it was always these type of people who you always attract in.

You were distracted from your thoughts when you felt something being thrown over your crouched body. You glanced at the material and noticed it to be a darkish blue lone coat draped over your naked body.

"I suggest you wear that so that you don't attract anymore attention where we are going," he said.

"What made you think I was going with you?" you questioned.

"Its either come with me or have the cops find your incinerated body where you sit," he threatened, "it wouldn't be the first time they seen that, right?"

Either choices were both terrible but if you went with the second choice, he would only witness your curse and probably be more interested in you than he already was. It was bad enough having the EMT worker witness it... But, you thought to yourself, if you could minimize interactions with the outside world, they would deem him crazy and throw out the search and focus on fighting villains along side the heroes especially since crime had increased since All Might retired.

The police station just didn't have enough resources to sustain a search party for one person...right?

It often worked in the pass, to through officers off my trail but...in this situation right now-there was no choice but to go with the first choice. You slowly rose from the ground and wrapped yourself in his coat tightly and walked a bit closer towards him. The musky smoke wafter off of him like the smell of his jacket.

"Smart choice," he smirked as he placed his arm around your waist and pulled you up into his arms and holding you close, "Keep close."

"You wouldn't have even followed through with your threat, Dabi..." I mumbled

"Now why would I hurt my intentionally little baby sister?" He questioned.

"He would know considering how close we
were when we were young...he was the only one who gave a damn when we both were in that acursed family."