XXI

"How can you even be a hero if you killed them?"

"He was right" you thought.

A hero is the person who stays strong even facing a serious problem. Hero will find numerous ways to help other people. Any person can be called a hero when saving someone else's life. The person who motivate other people to live their lives with courage and face all the difficulties with head held high can be a hero as well. Sacrificing your life for other people is also a heroic deed. A hero can be afraid as well, but his actions show that he can overcome his fears in order to save someone.And yet, I killed the very heroes who were trying to deescalate a situation .

Your body dropped to the ground as your eyes resided to their normal/regular color and you stared at Chisaki as his eyes told you that he was content. He succeed in getting into your head and now he could focus on the real threat in front of him.

Brokenness. We've all been through it – a part of our lives where everything seems to be going to shit. It's quite difficult to pinpoint the root cause, to be honest. A slew of possibilities present themselves--and mines was a regret that had lived with me throughout time.

"What does it mean for me to have this power if I couldn't use it for good?" You thought.

You looked down at your hands.

"No, That's not true. That's not true..." you thought to yourself, " Maybe I was just tired. You'd had enough of this society and their ideas of protecting the citizens and yet they were unable to do that for my own mother. Because she died and my father gave me away, I was forced into this life of villainy. "

But this isn't what you wanted. You were a person with a duel quirk that have a curse who just happened to get sucked into all this crazy stuff. I was just a simple 16-year old person attempting to leave a peaceful life away from all of this and struggling against the unreasonable impossible demands that society forcing you to follow the rules given. But, You should have taken a harder stance against it. You mean after all, You were much older than you looked.

"Before everything that happened, I've always been a naturally optimistic person," you thought, "But I had to go and throw away a normal life by letting that single moment dictate my life."

So, what should you do?

That was the golden question of the day you needed to answer.

The tears are running down your cheeks and you were feeling every bit of yoursadness, your upset and your grief. The feelings come in waves...sometimes gentle and often times very harsh and brutal ... so at this moment when a battle was ensuing you were choosing to feel it all because you knew that holding onto the energy-in-motion was not useful ... letting it out was.

"What's wrong?" is one of the questions you may be asking

Your truth was: Everything was absolutely wrong.

In the midst of that question, you saw a glimpse of another attack coming only it wasn't directed to you, but to Izuku.

You blinked quickly when you felt a small prick hit your body and sharp pain hitting your body, as if every cell in your body was on fire. You turned to the center of that pain and noticed a small red carriage with a hypodermic needle piercing your arm.

"Now," Chisaki said, "you won't be an issue and you'll thank me later. A person like you wasn't fit to be a hero anyway and with your quirk gone, you won't have any thoughts of being one."

The sad thing was, he was right. With quirks like your own, you were the very being that shouldn't have existed.

Your life  was nothing more than an imagery—though shot through with heroic special effects and meticulous re-creations of various time period cityscapes, cars and costumes—feels more literary than cinematic: a slide show illustrating a novel that should have never been.

You don't belong to the place where you have to put effort to fit in, simply because the place where you actually belong will never ask you to fit in; you just will.

"Don't listen to him (Y/N)!" Izuku yelled while dodging his attacks, "you are strong and you will be a great hero!"

"Izuku who are you kidding, I can't be a hero. Heroes don't kill other heroes," you thought

"DIE!" Chisaki yelled towards Izuku as he used his quirk to re assemble the rocks around him
And fire them at Izuku. Everyone was at a great distance from him and wouldn't be able to save him, well-

The sound of something impaling something did make waves in the confined space.

Izuku shut his eyes, waiting for the final blow to strike him. Secondspassed, but nothing came. Isthis death?He asked himself, frowning. No, he couldn't be dead, he could stillhear, sense, smell...feel.

Something warm and wet was on his face. Raising his hand, he wiped some of it off, opening his eyes. Blood? He wondered, confused, but a feeling of dread soon filled him as he jerked his head upwards. He felt his chest tighten as his mind registered what he was seeing.

You. In front of him. Bleeding. Impaled with a dozen of fissures of spikes in your body.

"..."

Your mind was blank, everything around you had seemed to stop right there at that moment. Chisaki was lost for words. Izuku was lost for words. Mirio was lost for words. Silence had never been so present in this society until now.

"W-why...?" Chisaki's voice cracked as he spoke, "W-why... why did you...?"

"I...don't know..." you replied in a evident strain, "My body... just moved on it's own..." I slightly turned my head to see Izuku's mind remained frozen,nothing processed but the sight in front of him. But your body moved to protect him and he had nor had you no way of knowing that.

"Y/N!" Mirio yelled out.

"Please protect Eri," you muttered, "I failed to get her away from him before...I promised to get her out this time...

All everyone at that moment could do was just glance at the dense cluster of spears protruding from your chest and abdomen. Small pools of blood began forming around your feet, in front of Izuku.

"Y/N..." Izuku gasped.

"Izuku, I'm fine...please protect Eri..."

But you were far from fine and Izuku knew. In fact your body disagreed with you and gave out.

Memories found your mind wondering backwards through the lives you lived. From the various lives you lived before, when you trained, from when your mother died, when your father gave you away, to meeting Chisaki, when you met Mirio, smiling brightly with a bright red cape, when you ran away, the orphanage, being adopted by Aizawa, when you were at UA High, and then ...finally ...when you met Izuku Midoriya.

You chuckled softly, feeling the rest of your strength leave your legs. Staggering, you lost your balance and fell backwards, eyes screwed shut in pain, waiting for the impact upon the hard ground.

Izuku let out a gasp of surprise, launching himself forward, catching you just before you could hit the ground.

"(Y/N)!" He shouted. His eyes seemed to have watered but you didn't get it. He told the boys, that night you left, that he was friends with you because of Mirio so why would he be sad at the fact that you did what you did. If anyone should be crying it should be Mirio. And he was...I mean...he was the only person who You ever considered your friend after all.

"Izu-..." you started, straining all your efforts into speaking. You coughed heavily, more blood ran down your face from your mouth.

Tears fell from his eyes as he looked down at you.

"I know that you are ...going to the greatest hero of them all," you muttered as you held his cheek and gave him a small smile, "after all...you put a smile ....on my face..."

Your finger barely brushing against his cheek, before your arm fell across your stomach, and your eyes slowly slide shut, your body going completely limp.