IX

The curtains add an orange glow to the morning light, every morning a perfect sunrise. It was a peak towards the bright looking milky clouds got up from sleep and started traveling around the sky. Then a chorus of birds breaks the drone of the city traffic.

"Today is the day I needed to avoid that journalist," you thought as you stretched out your tensed muscles and moved out of your bed and headed down towards the bathroom that Aizawa got to connect with your room.

You stepped into the shower, toes flinching as they touched the chilled ceramic floor. Your mind was in shreds; you would never get that picture out of your mind. You turned the dial, old and metallic, releasing thousands of lukewarm drops, darkening your hair and trickled down your back. The sensation of the steamy water calming you; it takes you mind of things. All the things you honestly don't care about. It's the water. Your mind swirls, and it's like you are standing under an everlasting waterfall. Ever so beautiful, but it can never last, you knew that now.

You turned off the shower and walked back into your room and changed into your school required activewear but swapped the pants for shorts that fell a bit above your mid-thigh and white sneakers.

You glanced your direction towards the watch to see the time and realized that you had a good two hours before you had to meet with your class and talk about the dreaded photoshoot.

"I could fine-tune my precision," you thought to yourself as you exited out of your room and walked out of the dorms and towards the back in the open space and began shifting some pieces of logs around to create somewhat of a course for myself to work around.

Soon you raised your arms to the side and began to levitate off the ground. You took a small coin from my pocket. The coin in your palm is light and quite old, but yet it was a perfect example of your life showing that you can't have the good part of something without its bad.

"Mommy..."

Your warm hand falling softly on her cold skin. You soon shifted your hand over her chest finding that there was no beating heart.

"No...no..no!" my father yelled out, "Please please...please"

But his pleas weren't heard...she was really gone because of these so-called heroes failing to protect her and failing to correctly shoot the villain in front of her.

Your face twisted in anguish, your eyes closing as you pressed your lips to your mother's temple. She was still warm, soon to grow cold, as everything in your life had seemed to at that moment. "Mommy..." you begged to yourself, to whatever God was listening

Your father reached for the silver coin pendant necklace he had given her and unclasped it and placed it into your hand. He pressed his lips against your forehead while squeezing your hand and hugging your body against his, hearing your shaky breaths.

"Kill them..."

Your mother's necklace went flying out of your hand. No one noticed in time, their eyes were locked on the fact that an innocent bystander just died within a crossfire out of shock and fear for the heroes and victory for the villain. The necklace zipped through the air, faster than anyone could see as it pierced the villain's neck and soon the heroes who attempted to save your mother in the hostage situation. The only sound that alerted them of what was happening was the sound of the falling body after body hitting the ground.

You had saved the one who had used his quirk to attempt to save your mother for last, the necklace flying home to your palm as everyone at the scene was finished off. The only person who had an inclination as to what had happened before he had passed one, looked into your orange hues before his world turned black.

You looked down at the pendant in your hand as you activated your quirk and noticed a log moving towards you from the corner of your eye and turned in that direction. You quickly released the necklace from your grasp and shot the log down through the bark and instantly brought the coin back like a boomerang.

The log behind me came faster and closer but the coin was able to hit the log and force it to collide with another piece of wood, shattering both logs into various pieces.

You turn to attempt to hit the other log coming from behind but missed. The log coming to you with full force, you quickly dodge it. The log slowed down and soon returned back towards the path from which it came at full force, similar to a heat-seeking missile, causing you to react quickly and use the necklace and fire towards the would, cutting it down the middle evenly.

With all of the wood broken around you, you relaxed and lowered yourself down to the ground.

"T-That was amazing!" Izuku shuddered and straightened his posture as you turned around to see him admiring your training.

"What do you want?" you questioned coldly.

"U-Um u-uh, n-nothing really," Izuku started, "It's just um...I usually come here around this time and was surprised to see you here."

"Noted," you answer cooly, "I'll make sure to train elsewhere.

"W-Well," he stated while playing with his fingers "We can train together if you like! You are very powerful and with your quirk and my quirk we can help each other out."

"Not interested," you replied while walking back to your dorm room, leaving a much sadden Izuku behind.

You knew he was trying to breach your walls but you couldn't let him. But his small interactions led me to realize that It was only after your walls hadn't protected you from the way your trust broke that you understood what it really means to be guarded.

You wanted to get back to that "protected" place that is your world inside your walls. He had started to treat you differently – in your gut, you knew this. His words were genuine and reassuring and caring in an attempt to be closer...but that couldn't happen.