XI

"4:32 PM-approximately one hour and some change left before that journalist leaves," you thought while reading through some news articles on your phone.

Soon you were disturbed by a knock coming quietly first and then there was silence. You looked down at the door to see that there was a shadow behind the door. 

Since you didn't have eye contact, your quirk was renderless in this situation, but luckily for you-

"U-Um, hey Y/N," Izuku started, "It has been a while since you had eaten and I wanted to make sure that you got some food from lunch so I got you some stuff."

"Izuku Midoriya...what is it with this kid?" you thought.

"I-I know that you don't really like me as much or any of us," He sighed then stared at you with hesitation, "But Mirio told me that you are actually really kind and protective of others...he told me about how you had saved him from an attack with a villain when you guys were younger."

"Mirio...what the hell were you doing sharing that information with him," you thought to yourself, "I know that I told you I was curious about him but you of all people should know that I don't want anything to do with him."

"I guess you aren't opening the door," Izuku timidly, "I'll just leave the food here for you."

You looked at the door to see Izuku's knuckles gripped around the tray as he placed it on the ground. The rim of the tray was a bit visible from underneath the door but so was his scars which drove me to be a bit more curious about how he got them.

"Hey Deku!" a cheery voice yelled out, "What are you doing on the girl's dorm floor?"

"O-Oh h-hi Ochako," he stammered, "I-I was just making sure that Y/N had some food from the hall since she didn't come down to eat with us."

"That's very nice of you Deku," she cheered, "But she never comes out of her room once she is in there. The girls and I have tried to talk with her but she just ignores us...like she does everyone in the class."

You soon shuffle your feet to a position in which you were now sitting on the bed facing the door, looking at it as if you were studying every nook and cranny but more intrigued on what they had to say.

"Yeah," Izuku agreed, "But maybe-"

"Maybe what?" you thought while glaring at the door.

"I would just give up Deku," Ochako said, "She doesn't want to be friends with any one of us and a lot of us are actually not trying to interact with her."

"But-" Izuku stammered.

"The way she has been acting is quite cold and callous," Ochako said, "And we were going to bring it up with Aizawa...maybe to ask her to get transferred to class 1-B."

"But she just settled into her door about a week ago," Izuku defended.

"She is only a child..." you remembered from when you were transferred into the orphanage.

"Yeah...but-" Ochako began but was interrupted by you opening the door causing them to both jumps. 

"Hey Y/N," Izuku began while he blushed heavily and played with his fingers, "I wanted to-"

"One thing I detest the most are those who deflect the fact that they were just gossiping and don't have the courage to say it to your face." you thought

You simply ignored them both while stepping out of the room. Your barefoot stepped into the food that Izuku left for you causing him to jump slightly at your actions but you didn't care.