Sixteen

"What are you biting?" I jumped in my seat, startled by Angela's question. When did she get here? I had been sitting in the den watching a movie, or at this point, just staring at my phone for as long as I could remember. I had spent over five hours just on Instagram, looking through pictures of people I followed. I mostly followed celebrities who were close to my parents and the very few people who followed me when I first started the account. I had about ten thousand followers which was quite okay, considering all I did was post pictures of myself either swimming or eating, or simply lying in my bed. I also spent a good amount of time on Killian's page, not stalking him or anything like that.

I guess I hadn't been able to stop thinking about him since last night. Who could blame me though? It wasn't as if I had been dreaming about my first kiss, thinking it was finally going to happen. I didn't know what it felt like to be kissed. Yeah sure, he gave me a peck, but that was different. The first time he kissed my cheek, I was confused, but that moment had awoken something within me, if I must admit. It made me want something more. I wasn't exactly sure if it had happened before that or not, but the point is, I really wanted to be kissed, on the lips. I thought it would happen after our date, since I had read books that the main characters kissed after a date. Even in the many romcoms I watched, it did happen.

So did I do something wrong?

Did Killian not like me as much? I thought he did. He asked me out didn't he? That meant he wanted to be more than friends with me, or did I read him wrong? I had no idea how these things worked but I was pretty sure that something was wrong here. However, I couldn't spend all day thinking about him. Sighing, I just laid back in the couch, ignoring Angela. I thought she'd leave but she also took a seat next to me on the couch, making me annoyed.

I wanted to be alone.

"I didn't see you when you got back, what happened?" She asked.

I shrugged. "Not much actually. We went to a restaurant, ate some food and came back."

"Oh come on, it couldn't have been that bad. I'm sure you and your boyfriend had a lot of fun. Tell me all about it!" She exclaimed making me sigh. I really did not want to talk about.

"He's not my boyfriend," I stated.

"What do you mean? Did you not go on a date last night? Or did I hear wrong?" She asked with a worried tone.

"I don't know. He said it was a date but he didn't mention anything about being boyfriends," I told her.

"Oh," she stated. "Well, that doesn't mean he doesn't want to be your boyfriend. Maybe he wants to know you more before taking it further," she supposed, making me shake my head.

"He didn't kiss me," I stated, sounding much sadder than I had intended, which made Angela shift to me. She lifted my legs and placed them on her thighs, squeezing my feet gently.

"Oh sweetheart," she cooed making me grimace. Not that word. "Don't be sad about it, he probably just wants to take it slow," she said soothingly.

"Or he just didn't want to. I just...I just thought that it was a thing, like people kissed after dates, right? And I was kind of expecting him to be my first kiss. I don't know, I sound really desperate right now, but I'm not. I just don't understand what happened exactly," I ranted, annoyed with myself. I got up from the couch and decided to go get some food because thinking about this was really stressing me out.

"Dylan, wait. It's not compulsory to kiss after a date," Angela said. "I know you expected it but really, it's not like a must that it should happen. If anything, you should be glad because it at least gives you a chance to know this guy better and see if he really is worth your first kiss," she advised making me nod.