Six

After Killian dropped me off at home, he took my number and said he'll text me later which made me giddy and all round happy. Honestly, I had never felt so elated when someone told me they'll text me. With Killian, I don't know, he was just something else.

He looked a bit suspicious when he dropped me off in front of our gate but if he was, he didn't say anything. I knew a lot of people knew my parents, they just didn't know I was their child. So, maybe he thought I was just someone who lived with them, I hoped.

He didn't text me that night however and I guess I was kind of disappointed. Maybe he was busy, or he forgot, who knew? Somehow, the thought of him forgetting about me dampened my spirit. I fell asleep with Teddy in my arms, I held onto him for dear life.

Angela came by the next morning to wake me up. I was really angry with her. She hadn't come home last night and I almost walked home. However, I accepted her apology on condition that she agreed to make me take driving lessons as soon as possible. I wasn't a baby, I could take care of myself. She did, of course, not wanting me to report her to my parents.

I hadn't told her what was going on at school though, because everything seemed to be going way too fast if I was being honest. But that was not my problem at the moment. Now, I just had to apply to a driving class, get a car and talk to Killian. Killian would probably be the first option though since I was already seated in Angela's car and on my way to the school.

I picked up my iPad and began to play some games. I had beaten my last high score for temple run and was trying to get another one. Then my phone buzzed.

"Morning doll face"

I read the message and frowned because it was from as number I didn't know. Then I remembered that I gave my number to Killian yesterday. Of course, he was the only that called me doll face. I couldn't help smiling.

I replied to Killian's message.

"Cute, thought you'd text me last night though".

There sent. It didn't take long before another message came through.

"No good morning sweetheart, how are you, I miss you?

Tsk tsk Dylan"

I shook my head at him. He was so obnoxious. And sweetheart? I'd never call him sweetheart.

"See you in school?" I asked.

"See you soon doll face".

I smiled. For the two days that I had known him, it felt as though he was giving me things to look forward to and I most definitely liked it.

In school, I didn't see Killian for the first two periods so I was anxious. Somehow, I guess I missed his obnoxious attitude.

I was on my way to lunch with Nick when Kristen rushed right past us, shoving me. I gave my arm a slight squeeze before calling her to stop. She was wiping something from her eyes and when she looked at me, I saw her make up was smudged.

"You've got mascara on..."

I didn't finish and Kristen just blurted out "Oh God! I fucking spent way too much time on it and now I'm just gonna get laughed at because I can't do my make up" she grumbled.

"I can help?" I offered. I knew how to do it. Anytime my mom was around, I helped her with it since she couldn't always take her make up artists with her every time. I also helped Angela with hers so I really got a hang of it.

"Can you?" She asked.

"Yeah. I see my mom do it lots of times".

She nodded and motioned for me to follow her. I told Nick I'll see him later and he didn't seem pleased but I just shrugged it off. I only wanted to help another person who I could be friends with. It was no big deal.