Three

I stared longingly at the boy as he walked away, although still confused by what he said. Why couldn't he just tell me his name?

"What did he want? And what's that stupid smile for?"

I jumped at that and turned to see Nick walking towards me. "What is it with you people? You can't just sneak up on me like that", I whined. This was getting out of hand.

"I wasn't but what did he want?" Nick asked.

"Who?"

"The prick who just left".

"Oh uh, nothing. He just helped me with my locker" I bit my lip remembering him and his deep voice.

"He did?" Nick asked in surprise.

"Yeah" I shrugged and started to walk down the hall with Nick following closely. I knew my mom was probably gone with my dad so I didn't bother to call her. When we got to the car park, Nick said good bye and I was now left standing alone.

"Oh shit" I groaned, remembering that I didn't really know the place well and so I couldn't possibly walk. Reason being that I had never walked to town, I had never left the house alone and I had no car too. The only times I saw the school was when I went to the mall with Angela and even then, we used her car. I sighed.

I dialled her number but it went straight to voicemail and I began to panic. I had never been out on my own before. I walked towards a bench by the street whiles dialling her number again. It still went to voicemail and at this point, I was close to tears. I didn't want to be stranded. When I said I wanted to go to school, I didn't think this would happen and I wasn't going to call my mother or dad. They'll just make it seem like I was kidnapped.

This couldn't be happening now. I almost cried, almost, but that was short lived because a car pulled up right in front of me and honked.

I looked up and frowned because I couldn't see anyone in it due to the tinted windows. It was a Mercedes Benz, ash in colour. The windows soon rolled down and I saw the mysterious blonde boy looking at me.

"Get in" he said.

I hesitated at that. This guy was mysterious. He had refused to tell me his name and I didn't know if I could trust him. But I really needed a ride so I got in anyway. I grinned at the thought of getting a ride on my first day even though the car, well, the person driving it was kind of weird. I'd seen in movies that guys only gave rides to their friends and girlfriends so maybe he wanted to be friends.

"Were you waiting for someone?"

"Not exactly".

"Why were you sitting there then. The bus stop is on the other side".

"Uh, I was uh, waiting to call my nanny. She wasn't picking up so I had to wait a bit before calling her to come pick me up".

"You have a nanny?" he asked, surprised.

"Yeah, don't you have one?"

The boy bursted into laughter making me frown. What was so funny about having a nanny?

"No, I don't have one and I most certainly do not need one. Oh my God, I can't believe my ears" he laughed.

"Whatever" I grumbled crossing my arms. I didn't understand why he would laugh. If anything, everyone was supposed to have a nanny for when their parents were not around. But then again, this was my first time talking to someone I didn't know so what was I expecting? Maybe things were actually different out here than at home.

"Where are you headed?"

"Uhm, I don't know..."

"You don't know where you live?" He asked in concern, interrupting me.