Nine

Today has been really great for me. Not only did Killian and I settle our differences, he told me something small about himself. It may not sound like much, but even I knew it was a step in the right direction.

It had been close to two hours since we came to the lake and now, I had forgotten all about getting my shorts dirty. Killian and I were actually lying down side by side, on the grass. I loved the feel of the sun on my face, with the occasional breeze. It seemed weird at first, lying down next to each other, saying nothing, but it actually felt nice. I welcomed the silence and just focused on the sound of the lake and the trees and the birds. This was so relaxing. Maybe next time, I'd bring my camera along.

I turned over to lay on my side, and looked up at Killian. He had his eyes closed, and for some reason, he looked very relaxed. Not that he always looked stressed but for the few times that I had seen him and actually taken a good look at him, he always looked to be deep in thought. Now he his face wasn't tightened and there was actually a small smile playing at the corners of his mouth. This was also the first time that I had been able to stare at him without him catching me.

My eyes scanned his features, taking in all of him bit by bit, as if I was memorizing him. But who could blame me? What if he said I should stay away from him again? Of course he said that won't happen, but, what if? I needed some memories to fall back on.

I don't know what went through my mind but my fingers found their way to his torso, rubbing small circles there. He didn't seem to mind though. I traced a long line upwards from his waist to his shoulder and then to his lips. For some reason, I wanted to feel them. The way they looked as he laid there, resting, slightly parted and full was kind of enticing. I had never thought this about someone before. Then again, I had never been this up close with someone to actually touch their face.

His lips were really soft, it made me wonder if that was how everyone's lips were or if Killian was just special.

"What are you doing?" Killian asked, startling me, but not enough to make me take my hand way. Actually, the vibrations I felt when he spoke made me want to leave them there.

"Nothing," I replied and continued tracing the outline of his lips. Killian narrowed his eyes at me, probably wondering what had gotten into me. "I think you have nice lips. They're really soft," I stated.

"Huh," he just squinted his eyes, studying me. "Maybe you should feel them with something else," he suggested, his voice taking a husky tone that made me gulp. I got up immediately and sat straight. I was yet again confused by his words but I wasn't going to ask for clarification. I licked my lips as I wondered what he actually meant. "Precious," he chuckled and I blushed.

"I should get going," I said to him. It wasn't that I really wanted to leave, because I would rather stay with him. However, I was confused about certain things he said and how I felt about his words and wanted to do some research. Also, Angela would probably go nuts if I didn't go home soon.

"I'll walk you home," he suggested, making me nod. I got up then and dusted the grass stains off my shorts and begun walking home.

"You're going the wrong way," Killian said and I stopped short, heating rushing to my cheeks. Ugh, I was so embarrassing. Killian just laughed and took my hand, leading me towards the right path.

I linked our fingers together, liking how they fit perfectly. If I was being honest, I was feeling some type of way with everything that has gone on today. Not in a bad way, of course, but I wasn't sure if it was good either. All I knew was that I liked it and I wanted to keep spending time with Killian.

When we got to my junction, I noticed he had his red convertible parked quite close to my house, and I meant my real house, not the one I showed him. Hmm, how do I play this, I wondered. I couldn't just walk into the house, because then he would know I lied and that was embarrassing. I didn't want to come off as a liar. Now I actually felt ridiculous for lying to him in the first place. What was even the point? It wasn't like he would steal from us. I sighed. If I told him the truth now, he might get angry and I didn't want to upset.

"Let me walk you to your car," I suggested when we got close enough to it.

"Thanks babe," he said, smiling at me. I smiled back, mostly because his smile was contagious, and also out of relief. When we got there, I put my arms around him, hugging him tight.

"I'll miss you," I whispered.

Killian was silent at my words, but then he pulled back and kissed my forehead. "I'll miss you too Dylan," he said. A shiver went through me at that, and I nodded, biting my lip as I left him to drive away. "This is the part where you say, "text me when you get home sweetheart,"".

I chuckled, shaking my head. "Text me when you get home," I stated, smirking at him.

"What's it gonna take to get you to call me that?" he asked.

I shrugged, "That's for me to know and you to find out" I smiled.

Killian just chuckled and drove away, leaving me to sigh in relief but also with a weird feeling in my chest.

***

Hi everyone! So I managed to write this chapter after so long. It's short but i like it. XD I hope you guys like it too. Please leave a vote or comment if you do, I'll really appreciate it. 

Home is also available on Inkitt if you want to leave a review.

Thank you.

I love you.

Bethie 🖤