comfortable [pt. 1]

comfortable - h.e.r.

♬♩♪♩♬♩♪♩

it was only 7:30 in the morning and you were already losing your mind.

today was the day of the school festival, and jaehyun had made you sign up to perform against your will. you didn't know whether you were excited or terrified.

on top of all that, you and jaehyun had still not defined your relationship and it was stressing you out. you knew there was something there but you didn't know what. however, you didn't feel like you deserved him. he was perfect and you didn't think there was anything really special about you. you just wanted him to ask you to be his girlfriend so that you wouldn't have to worry about anything.

you didn't have to wear your uniform for the school festival since there was no actual class, which meant you had to pick an outfit. you were struggling a little bit though, because fashion wasn't your biggest strength.

it was yujin's, though.

you pulled out your phone and facetimed her. she picked up immediately.

"hi bitchhhh!" she yelled. "are you excited?" you could feel her energy through the phone.

"i don't know what to wear." you gave her a sad face.

"hmm. well, what are you singing again?"

"comfortable by h.e.r."

"ooh, ok umm," she paused and spaced out thoughtfully. "so nothing too sexy."

you gave her a confused look before shaking it off. "okay, what are you thinking?"

"something simple but cute." yujin spent the next ten minutes picking you out an outfit that consisted of a cute black flowy dress with white flowers, a black belt to give it shape, and white nike air forces. she advised you to wear light makeup with your hair down and you nodded, hanging up the call to do so. 

you chose a glowy look with a natural pink eyeshadow look and lip gloss. you finished putting on some jewelry and looked in the mirror.

you actually felt proud. you looked pretty.

♬♩♪♩♬♩♪♩

you walked into the auditorium. the place was already packed with people, and the noise level was pretty high. everyone buzzed with excitement. you felt the same. even though you were incredibly nervous to sing, a part of you was really looking forward to it.

you looked around, searching for anyone you knew.

your eyes landed on doyoung first, but he was with other members of student council and looked busy, so you didn't want to bother him. next, your eyes found jaehyun. your heart skipped a beat, but you realized he was talking to someone.

you squinted to get a better look. like yujin, she was from dance team. you could tell from her outfit. she was pretty. it was weird because you couldn't remember being jealous about jaehyun talking to other girls before, but you quickly realized that he never really talked to girls in the first place. however, this girl seemed to have him hooked in a genuine conversation.

"y/n!"

you whipped around at the voice.

"oh, yujin!" you placed your hand on your chest. "you scared me."

"i'm sorry. wanna go sit down together? you look lost."

"oh, um. yeah! sure."

you followed her to a pair of seats pretty close to the front.