cpr

cpr - summer walker

♬♩♪♩♬♩♪♩

it had been a week and a half since your first performance, and you had not been having the best time. apparently, yujin hadn't been the only one to notice jaehyun's fingers intertwined with yours at the performance, and his staring at you.

you had been accused by many girls of seducing him, bribing the teacher to make him your partner, and even forcing yourself on him. you tried not to let it get to you, but you had decided that avoiding jaehyun would be the best way to stop all the bullying. maybe if you made it clear that there were no feelings and there was no relationship, the whole thing would eventually blow over.

you found yourself kind of missing him though. in the time you had spent with him, you had realized that he was actually really nice and fun to be around. you'd placed him as the popular hot boy who was cocky and had no personality, but the more time you spent with him, the more you understood that he didn't actually see himself as popular or super hot. the reality was, jaehyun was just a regular person just like everyone else.

you'd gotten back to your old habit of going to the music room after school to practice. you kind of liked being alone, so this was the perfect place to go to destress and sing your favorite songs. lately, you really liked the song cpr by summer walker, so you'd been practicing it for the last few days.

you ran to the music room, making sure no one was around, and slipped inside. you took a deep breath and was reminded of how much you like this room. you put your bag down and went to plug your phone into the speaker system, opening up your music app and playing cpr from your playlist. you wanted to just sing along to the original song today instead of using an instrumental. you weren't preparing for any type of performance, so you just wanted to have fun.

the flute type of sound and soft keyboard with quiet drums began the song, and you sang along to the first verse.

"caught me at the right time baby, oh."

you sang and danced a little bit, snapping your fingers to the beat. you liked this song because it made you feel things. you loved songs like that.

"cause it feels like cpr."

you'd thought about what that meant a lot. you thought that she was feeling dead, a little dull maybe, but falling in love brought her back to life and made her feel alive. you thought that was cute.

the door opened and you jumped, stopping your singing immediately. the song continued to play from the speakers.

"what the hell?" you said, but your eyes widened when you saw the intruder's face.

"oh, sorry," jaehyun said, running his fingers through his hair. "were you practicing?"

"yeah." you looked at your feet.

"can i come in?" jaehyun asked.

"um..." you bit your lip. jaehyun walked in anyways, making his way over to your phone that was still playing the song.

"summer walker," he said. "i like one of her songs. session 32."

"really?" you asked. "i like that song too. this one is cpr, though."

"can you sing it for me?" he moved away from your phone, sitting in the front middle seat in the room.

"w-what?" you stuttered. you felt yourself getting nervous.

"come on, y/n," jaehyun chuckled. "you sang for me before. you weren't nervous then."

"yeah, because you were singing too."