slow down

slow down - mac ayres

a/n: a little steamy but only a little bit

♬♩♪♩♬♩♪♩

"this is my house," jaehyun said.

"thank god," you said. "my feet kill." 

he chuckled, opening the front door. you walked in and immediately took off your heels. your feet ached from the night of dancing and walking in them.

"sorry i made you walk here," he said, closing the door behind him and locking it.

"no, it's okay. i'm just happy to spend time with you." that was true. you'd missed jaehyun so deeply, and tonight was the perfect opportunity to smooth things over. well, things already were smoothed over. you'd spent the entire walk to him house catching up, and it felt kind of like nothing ever happened.

"are you hungry?" jaehyun asked. "we can order pizza."

"pizza sounds amazing." you smiled at him. for a second you worried about how pizza would make your stomach look in this tight dress, but you dismissed the thought. you'd already agreed.

he called a delivery place as your eyes explored his house.

"want to go to my room?" he asked when he'd hung up the phone.

"okay," you said, a little unsure, but he took your hand and led you there.

his room was simple, mostly white and beige colors. there was some homework and a computer on his desk, a keyboard, and a bookshelf. you were intrigued by the bookshelf. you went over to it, and ran your fingers along the books. to your surprise, there was also a record player. you saw he'd been listening to frank ocean's album.

jaehyun sat in his desk chair and opened his computer. he started to play music.

"what song is this?" you asked him. you'd never heard it.

"slow down." he replied. "it's by mac ayres."

"oh. i like it," you said, still inspecting his records. it was silent for a moment.

"y/n?"

"hm?"

"what did they say to you? the girls, i mean. like, i know you already said that they told you you were ugly, but was there anything else?"

you stared at the wall. you wanted to be honest with him about these things because they involved him. "well," you began. "on the day on the basketball game, yujin had to go home so i was sitting there by myself, and this group of girls came behind me. they said i seduced you, and, i don't know, made you show affection towards me. they said i only hung out with you to get popular since i had no friends." 

jaehyun stared at you intensely, taking in every word.

you took a deep breath. "they called me a pig." your eyes watered a little bit. you felt ashamed to be telling him this. "they said that i was fat and ugly, and that you should be hanging out with a prettier, skinnier girl."

you waited for jaehyun to say something. you didn't know what to expect.

"y/n, i'm so sorry. i didn't know."

"it's not your fault," you said, wiping tears that had spilled from your watery eyes.

jaehyun stood up from his desk chair and moved towards you a little.

"do you believe them?" he asked softly.

you shrugged. "i struggle with self confidence. and i'm not that skinny. my stomach isn't flat, i don't have a thigh gap-"