right about you

right about you - olivia escuyos

♬♩♪♩♬♩♪♩

"this store is a little too big," you said, running your fingers through different dresses hanging from organized racks.

"stop complaining y/n. we have to find dresses quickly because you're making me go to jaehyun's game." yujin was already browsing dresses.

"can you relax... like you literally want to go. mark is on the team."

"find a freakin dress, y/n."

the two of you had woken up at 11, which was later than you'd expected, but you had a long week and the sleepover got a little crazy at about 1 am. however, that only left you 4 hours until jaehyun's game, and the plan was to get food and buy dresses for the school dance. knowing yourself and yujin, that would take a long time, so you basically stumbled out of the house wearing yujin's clothes to get on with your activities as quickly as possible. you and yujin had gotten chipotle before so you could shop without being hungry. 

"what do you think would fit me best, yujin?"

yujin looked at you up and down, thinking. "a bodycon maybe? you have a nice body."

"no i don't," you said, but you thought a bodycon might be nice.

you walked around the store, your head on a swivel, looking at every single dress on display. maybe a bodycon was actually the right way to go. you wanted to look hot this year. you actually had someone to impress.

ever since you had admitted your feelings for jaehyun to yourself last night, he occupied a really big chunk of your thoughts. you had started thinking about him in ways you hadn't before. you'd fallen for jaehyun for his personality, but before falling asleep last night, you'd started thinking about his muscular arms and what his abs probably looked like and all the ways he could touch you with his long fingers.

you sighed, dismissing the thoughts. you shouldn't be thinking about that. it annoyed you a little bit but all you could think of at the moment was finding a dress that jaehyun would think you looked sexy in.

"y/n!" yujin called as she ran to you from another dress rack. "y/n, look!" she held out a sparkly golden bodycon dress with spaghetti straps hanging on a black hanger. "this was literally made for you."

you took it from her, examining it. the dress was really pretty, and the color went well with your skin tone. you wondered if jaehyun would like it. you noticed yujin had another dress in her hand.

"is that one for you?" you asked, and she nodded. "let's go to the dressing rooms."

you made your way over and took a room each. you took off your clothes, and stared at yourself in the mirror for a minute. would jaehyun like your body if he ever saw it? you groaned, hitting yourself in the forehead with the palm of your hand.

"shut up," you muttered to yourself.

"did you say something, y/n?" yujin asked from the dressing room next to yours.

"nope!" you called back, embarrassed.

the song changed in the dressing room speakers to a song you recognized.

"oh my god, yujin! they're playing right about you!"

"i know ahhh!"

you and yujin listened to this song often, but listening to it now, you found yourself thinking about a certain someone.

you put on the dress. it was really nice. it pulled your stomach in and accentuated your curves. however, the dress was quite short and stopped a quarter down your thighs. it emphasized the size of your breasts and somehow made your shoulders, neck, and collarbones look really nice. you didn't typically love wearing dresses since you weren't super confident about your body, but this dress made you look quite good.