best part [pt. 1]

best part - h.e.r.

♬♩♪♩♬♩♪♩

"hello class," the teacher stood up from her desk in the corner to greet the class. she was surprisingly short. "i'm ms. kwon, it's nice to meet you all. i hope you're as excited as me to begin the new school year." 

the class nodded and she cleared her throat. she seemed to be a little nervous.

"obviously, i'm a new teacher so you are all unfamiliar faces, but i'm looking forward to getting to know each and every one of you. so, to help me out a little bit, we're going to begin the year with a project to help me gauge each one of your skill sets!"

excitement began to build up in your stomach. you were hoping that singing class wouldn't be your average class, and so far this was looking better than you expected.

"i have paired you all up into groups of two, and together you will be working for a week to create a performance that you will be showing the entire school in the assembly on friday." the class began to make noise, some excited, some nervous, some expressing their desire to be partnered up with jaehyun.

your eyes widened. the entire school? on friday? your heart started beating a little faster at the thought of it. that would be your largest audience ever. your leg starting bouncing up and down and you had to remind yourself to close your legs. the school uniform was a skirt, so you had to be careful.

ms. kwon taped a piece of paper to the wall. "here are your partner assignments," she said. "you can come up to see, and sit next to them afterwards."

you stood up, making your way through the rows of desks to get to the front. you watched as girls turned away from the paper looking dejected, most likely because they weren't partnered up with their dream boy, but then turned to stare at you, their eyes lit with envy. your stomach dropped. 

did that mean..? you were hit with dread. there were a number of different reasons you couldn't be partnered with jung jaehyun, but the main one was that his entire fanclub would hate you, and it was not cute to already be hated on the first day of senior year.

once the crowd had cleared from the list, you allowed yourself to look, but it only confirmed your fear. next to your name, in black ink, was 'jung jaehyun.' you closed your eyes and sighed.

"shit," you muttered under your breath before moving out of the way so the people behind you could see their partners.

"what did you say?" you jumped at the voice, turning around to see your partner's handsome face. he was hotter up close.

"o-oh, um." you swallowed. "nothing."

"you don't want to be partners with me?" jaehyun asked, smiling a little.

"it doesn't matter," you turned away from him and made your way to your seat, getting your bag and moving it to the empty seat next to jaehyun's. he followed you, sat down in his chair, and turned to look at you.

"um, i'm y/n," you said softly. the last time you'd had a real conversation with jaehyun was probably two years ago, so he most likely had no idea who you were.

"i know," he said, proving you completely wrong. "i'm jaehyun," he said, a smile growing on his face.

you chuckled. "duh." your smile instantly disappeared, however, when you saw at least seven different girls giving you dirty looks. you leaned your head on your hand, simultaneously trying to block your view of the girls.