by my side

by my side - junny

♬♩♪♩♬♩♪♩

jaehyun knocked on the door. you stood shyly behind him, a little nervous. you were still wondering if this counted as your first date with him or not. he didn't say it was a date. was jaehyun your boyfriend? was it gonna be a friends with benefits type of situation? were you guys just going to like each other without any type of development? or, your worst fear, was what happened the night of the school dance just a spur of the moment thing? did jaehyun mean everything he said? was he just bored of being hot but still single?

your mind was a little crowded, to say the least. but you told yourself to dismiss the bad thoughts. it couldn't be spur of the moment. he kissed your cheek at lunch, and he invited you here.

the door opened to reveal a middle aged woman. 

jaehyun bowed. "hi, miss yoon."

"jaehyun!" she pulled him in for a hug. "i told you to call me hye eun! how are you?"

"i'm good, thank you!" jaehyun sent her his signature charming smile before turning to you. "this is y/n." 

"oh! she's the girl you texted me about to ask if she could babysit soyeon with you! hello y/n, it's so nice to meet you."

you bowed. "hello, ms. yoon. it's nice to meet you too."

"come in, come in! soyeon is in her room. i'll go get her." ms. yoon ushered you into her house, and ran up the stairs, yelling her daughter's name.

"wow, that is one bubbly lady." you said as you took off your shoes. you were genuinely impressed.

"i know," jaehyun nodded. "it's her charm."

miss yoon came back down with a small girl in her arms. you were surprised. you were expecting maybe a 8 year old, but this little girl was probably about 3.

the girl's eyes widened when she saw the two of you.

"jaejae!" she said, reaching her arms out and grabbing the air with her tiny hands, indicating she wanted to be held by him. you giggled at the nickname.

a smile grew on jaehyun's face as he took soyeon out of her mother's arms and held her against him, poking her stomach and kissing her cheeks. it was almost as if she was his own child. soyeon giggled and brought her hands up to hold his face.

the sight literally made your heart melt. you'd never seen jaehyun with children before, and it was the most beautiful thing you'd ever laid eyes on.

he brought her to the couch in what seemed to be the living room, and miss yoon came up to you.

"are you jaehyun's girlfriend?" she asked you softly so that jaehyun wouldn't hear.

you widened your eyes. "umm." you sighed. "i honestly have no idea. but i really like him."

miss yoon cocked her head. "i think he likes you too, y/n." she took your hands in her own. "i watched jaehyun grow up. he's like a son to me, and he's never introduced a girl to me before you. that's something special, isn't it?"

you nodded a little bit, pink tinting your cheeks.

"if you're unsure about your relationship, just ask him. he won't be awkward. and, just know that," she paused. "can i say this?" she shrugged and giggled. "basically as jaehyun's second mother, i approve of you. you seem like a nice girl." she looked at her watch. "and on that note, i have to go." she pulled a purse over her shoulder and smiled mischievously. "i'll see you two later!"