Chapter 17

I just slowly backed away from the giant villain that stood about eight feet away from me. I glanced behind me to gauge Cheetah's reaction. She seemed just as confused as I was at Bane's appearance.

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

"Observing the area for any signs of Ivy. She may be willing to come back to her so called, 'babies' in a matter of moments. But instead, I find you here ensnared in a net with a small fry standing in front of you." Bane replied.

"Hey! I'm not a small fry!" I shouted back. Although it seemed as if Bane had not heard me. Either that or the more likely option: that he was just flat out ignoring me.

"To see you caught inside of a net Cheetah makes me reconsider my actions to involve you in our plans." Bane said, putting his hand up to his chin as if in deep thought.

Of course it was hard for me to tell because he was wearing a freaking wrestling mask. But I can only make a guess.

"What?!" Cheetah growled against the tar themed net. "We had a deal!" she shouted.

"Well, considering that it only took a child to capture you, perhaps you are not fit to aid a masterful plan made by the best strategist to ever live." Bane said, motioning towards himself.

Cheetah let out a menacing growl, that caused me to take a step backwards. She then tried to claw at the tar net once again, but to no avail. Bane then took a few steps towards the two of us.

"Stay back dude!" I warned, pointing a finger straight at that hideous mask. Bane completely ignored my demand and continued, cracking his knuckles threateningly as he glanced over us. The closer he got, the more intimidated I became, especially when he got close enough to see that his eyes were actually a sickly green color instead of......well a normal eye color.

In a sudden move, Bane quickly grabbed a hold of me and threw me aside into the woods, like I was nothing. I instinctively used my momentum to roll backwards onto my feet, and sprint back towards the two. When I got back to there, Bane was holding a still trapped Cheetah by her neck, and was choking her!

Whipping out my escrima sticks, I went behind Bane and plunged them into the back of his knee. The sparks from the sticks forced a cry of pain out of the masked villain. He then turned towards me, dropping Cheetah in the process.

As Bane swung at me, I did a back flip to avoid the strike. I then pulled out a little button and pushed it. The tar net around Cheetah suddenly split and Cheetah was finally freed. "Get out of here, now!" I shouted to her as Bane attacked me again.

I ducked under his second swing and punched him in his gut. But that didn't have any affect on him. "Weakling." he muttered, kicking me straight in the face. The impact sent me backwards into a tree.

I quickly shook my head to recover from the shot and charged at Bane again. Bane sent an elbow towards my face, but I ducked under him and used one of my sticks to swipe at the knee I caught earlier. Bane grunted, and before I could act, smacked me in the head with a back fist.

For a big guy, he was surprisingly fast!

While I was stunned, I noticed Bane above me with both of his fists raised in the air. And then he quickly swung them both down towards me. The action occured so fast, all I could do was close my eyes in anticipation for the blow.

And then Bane grunted in pain again, and I did not feel the slightest hint of pain......shockingly. I then dared to open one eye, and I almost could not believe what I saw.

Bane was on the ground some odd feet away from me, and there was another figure standing in front of me and facing Bane. Cheetah!

I then stood up, not taking my eyes off of Bane. "Alright then." Bane said, standing up. "Since you two want to team up against me now, time to even the odds a little."