Chapter 12

The walk over to where the bat cave entrance is was not exactly quiet. Mostly because Issac kept squawking to Cheetah about.....well..... anything.

"Does he ever shut up?" Ivy whispered softly in my ear. Though I could tell she was annoyed.

"Not really all that much." I replied. "That's just a flaw with him. Sometimes he just can't keep his mouth shut."

Ivy rolled her eyes and just leaned her head on my shoulder. That flower scent that emerged from her hair sent me into a calm state. I almost went limp beside of her.

"Jake, how much longer?" Issac called out from behind me.

"Not far." I replied, continuing to walk towards the entrance.

"Never imagined an entrance to the bat cave to be in the woods." Cheetah said, looking around.

"Ah, but that's exactly why there is an entrance in the woods miss." Issac said. "Expect the unexpected with Batman."

Cheetah just glanced at Issac with a raised brow and said nothing. I then felt Ivy's arm wrap around my waist and pull me to a sudden stop.

"What? what is it?" I asked, looking towards her. But her gaze was focused to the ground as one of her fly trap plants was already at out feet, making strange noises as it gazed at Ivy. "What's it saying?" I asked again, squeezing Ivy's hand. Issac and Cheetah stopped once I heard her ask my second question and turned to face us.

"We have a problem." Ivy said, turning in my direction.

"What do you-" I started to ask, when I was cut off by Issac.

"Incoming!" he shouted, pointing towards the sky. I turned and looked to see a figure in the air coming right for us, while holding a giant scythe in their hands.

I grabbed Ivy and moved out of the way as the figure came crashing to the ground. A dark chuckle came from the figure as it turned to look in my direction. As it did, I was able to make out the features of the figure.

The figure was wearing an awkward-looking mask under a hood and was dressed in dark and filthy clothes. In addition, the figure was wearing orange-looking tubes all around its body and had some kind of strange glove on their right hand that resembled of claws on an animal.

"Scarecrow!" Ivy growled, clutching my hand tightly in hers. I didn't have to look at her to know that she was glaring daggers at the lunatic criminal standing in front of us.

Issac and Cheetah slowly got to their feet, with their eyes locked straight onto Scarecrow.

"Ivy darling." Scarecrow said in an eerie voice. "Nice to finally see your precious boyfriend." he added, turning into my direction.

"You stay away from him!" Ivy shouted, coming in front of me and summoning some more of her giant flytrap plants. Even though they were guarding me, I never could get over how terrifying those plants truly are.

"You don't have to resort straight to violence Ivy. Just join our little group. Join our plan, and we won't hurt him." Scarecrow said, pointing towards me.

"You're a fool for thinking I would believe that!" Ivy snarled back. "How did you find us?" she demanded, just as Issac and Cheetah made their way to where I was.

The villain cocked his head to the side a little bit and chuckled, before pulling out an abnormally long spray gun and sprayed fear gas all around himself. The green gas evaporated after a couple of seconds, to reveal some horrendous-looking being.

I knew for a fact that this was no human appearance. The head now resembled the form of an actual scarecrow head, with the exception of the eyes and mouth that glowed orange in the form of a deadly smirk. The body was covered in a mix between a sickly greenish color and the same glowing orange color as the face for the skin. And then came the gas that continuously oozed out of Scarecrow. It was like he was his own self-producing source of fear gas. The scythe was still present but the tanks of fear toxin as well as the clawed glove vanished. In all it resembled a some-what demonic form of the villain.