Chapter 8

"Where is it?" I said. I paced the spot where I exited the Bat cave, looking for any trace of where to go to get back. This has been going on for about twenty minutes by the way.

"Are you at the entrance yet?" Bruce's voice came in. Then I mentally slapped myself in the face. 'Why in the literal hell did I not think to contact the guy who actually made the entrance. DUMBO!!' I thought to myself.

"I think so, but I cannot find the entrance and it's night out so I can't see very well." I explained.

"There should be a rock in the area. On that rock, there's a dark spot that looks like a bat. Just touch it. It will bring you to the entrance of the cave." Bruce explained.

I looked around and sure enough, there was a rock in the bushes to my left side. I walked around the rock and saw on the back that there was indeed a small little black bat symbol that stood out against the gray rock, even at night. I touched it, just as Bruce instructed. Nothing happened.

"Well this is a real piece of s-" I started to say. But before I could finish, the bottom of the floor where I was crouching opened and I fell again. Soon enough I was at the tube that I saw earlier today to go to Ivy. "Man I am never gonna get used to that." I thought as I walked back.

The crystals from before were still there, lighting my path through the darkness of the cave. Before long, I reached the living room of the manor. There, sitting on one of the couches reading a book, was Issac. He looked up when he heard footsteps coming towards him.

"Finally, there you are!" he yelled as he got up and started walking towards me. "It was getting awfully boring in this mansion without you." he continued.

"Issac, we're from an orphanage. Most kids from an orphanage would kill to live in this type of house." I announced.

"I know, and for a while I loved it here. However that lasted up until about two hours ago. I wanted to spend some time with my best friend. What were you doing for practically the entire day?" Issac asked.

I hesitated. I did not know whether or not Ivy would approve of me telling Issac about this. However, he may not even know who she is. 'Maybe it wouldn't hurt if he knew, right?' I thought to myself.

"I was with someone." I said, trying to be blunt, but somehow I knew it wouldn't work at all with Issac. And it didn't.

"Someone special?" Issac asked with curiosity in his eyes.

"Yes." I replied. "My girlfriend."

Issac's eyes lit up at my last sentence. From all the years I have been with him, I have learned that his eyes light up every time he is excited and it usually follows with a barricade of questions.

"What's her name? How did you meet? When did you meet? How long have you been together? What does she do for a living?" He asked all at once.

"Dude, stop being nosy all the time." I said, playfully punching his shoulder. The two of us then started to wander the manor together as we continued to talk.

"Alright, well can I at least have her name?" Issac said. I was debating whether or not to make him beg. But I am not that kind of person, despite how entertaining that would be.

"Ivy. Her name is Ivy." I answered. Issac nodded and we continued to check out the huge manor.

It was everything an orphan could only dream about. Exquisite bedrooms, a magnificent kitchen, and a stunning dining room, which I'm pretty sure nobody eats at.

Then the yards from the inside look amazing. I could hardly wait to see how eloquent they are from down there. And from the look of awe on Issac's face, I think he is thinking the same thing. "Don't drool on the floor Issac." I teased, earning a playful slap on my shoulder from Issac.