Chapter 9

"Issac?!" I shouted in complete shock.

Ivy turned to look at me. "You know this guy Jake?" she asked.

"We've known each other since we were very little. We spent practically our entire lives together in that orphanage." I explained to her. She nodded in understanding.

"Um g-guys? I don't mean to interrupt or anything, but c-can you p-p-please let me down?" Issac stuttered. Ivy did not look like one to trust him so much as she quirked an eyebrow in a judgemental sort of way.

"Ivy, let him down." I said calmly. Ivy looked in my direction and sighed. The vine suddenly released Issac onto the flower.

"Thanks Jake." he said, after getting up.

"What are you doing here Issac?" I asked, walking closer to him. However, Ivy gripped my shoulder from behind me and gripped my hand with her other hand. She was still sending a questioning glare towards Issac as she gripped onto me. She was probably trying to protect me from Issac.

"Well, after our conversation last night, I wanted to know more about this 'Ivy' you spoke of. I was gonna question you some more this morning, but I saw that you had ventured off to the cave. So I followed you all the way here." Issac explained.

'Of course you did' I thought, rolling my eyes. Leave it to Issac to be nosy as ever.

"This must be her then." Issac continued, taking a step towards us. But I felt Ivy tense up and heard her grumble lowly. It was as if she was meeting one of her enemies.

"Ivy." I said sternly to gain her attention, which it did. "He's my friend. Relax." I said.

"Jake, what if he's working with them?  This could be part of their plot." Ivy replied.

"Ivy, he's not working with Bane and Scarecrow. I think I would realize that by now if he was." I said confidently.

"You can never be too sure about that." Ivy grumbled.

"Who are Bane and Scarecrow?" Issac asked us. Clearly he was tired of us acting like he wasn't there. "What are you two talking about?"

"Just a minute Issac." I said to him before turning back to my girlfriend. "Ivy, I know you are suspicious and defensive, and rightfully so, but it is not necessary here. Issac's my best friend, and he would never do anything like this. Especially to someone I really care for. Don't you trust me?"

"You? Yes. It's the rest of the world that I don't trust." She said, glancing at Issac again. "But you do have a point Jake. Maybe I am being a little too defensive. If you say he's your friend, and you trust him completely, that's good enough for me......for now that is." Ivy then released me and headed towards Issac, who was looking at her on complete awe and fear at the moment. "Poison Ivy." she said, sticking her hand out to Issac.

"Issac Quinn." Issac responded without stuttering and took Ivy's hand and shook it. Ivy then retracted her hand and walked back over to me.

"Hey, if it helps, you had a much easier experience than I did at meeting her." I said to Issac. Issac just flashed me a confused look. Ivy on the other hand smirked at me, grabbed my hand with both of hers and kissed my cheek tenderly.

"Ah, well....that's good to know." Issac said, rubbing the back of his neck. "By the way, what was with that little area in the woods? It looked like a bulldozer came through there." he added. I just suddenly remembered myself. 'What was that whole scene all about?'

"Well, a bulldozer did not come through there. It was something far worse than a bulldozer. Actually there was more than one thing." Ivy said, sitting down. Issac and I came and sat down beside her. Ivy then looked up at me and said, "Bane and Scarecrow."