Chapter 6

I was climbing the stairs when I suddenly stopped in my tracks. 'Am I absolutely sure that I wanna do this?' I thought to myself. But I realized I was high enough to where I could see Ivy's face. She couldn't see me, but I could see her.

Ivy had on a look of depression and I could make out tear marks running down her cheeks as she looked down at the pillow. She was stroking the side of the pillow that I laid on and I saw tears coming out of her eyes as she did so.

'Oh I am damn sure that I am gonna do this.' I thought to myself. Picturing that look from last night, and the look that appeared to me right now, I mustered enough will to go up the final steps of the flower and stand at the very top.

"Hello Ivy." I softly said, still standing there. Ivy went motionless and slowly looked in my direction. She then gasped and put her hands on her open mouth and her eyes erupted into tears again as she stared at me.

"Jake?!!" Ivy said, taking her hands off her mouth and standing up.

I smiled at her and said, "I promised I would come back to you. You didn't think you could get rid of me that easily did you?"

Ivy then let out a loud scream that I'm pretty sure the entire forest heard, and sprinted in my direction. I was anticipating that she was gonna run me over so I tried my best to get situated to take the blow. Ivy catapulted into my arms and held onto me for dear life. I held onto her waist and her momentum spun us around.

"Oh my god Jake!!" she yelled, burying her head into the crook of my neck. She then pulled her head back and dropped a couple of kisses on my face.

"I-Ivy!" I said laughing, before I lost my balance and fell onto the top of the flower with me on the bottom. "Careful Ivy, you knocked us down." I said, still laughing. I could hear her laughter from above me as well, since my eyes were closed due to the fall.

"Sorry, I just......I'm so happy to see you Jake! I missed you so much." she said, hugging me tightly again.

"I missed you too Ivy. I really did." I said, hugging her back. I then took a breath and allowed Ivy's head to pull away a little before I asked the million dollar question. "Ivy?" I asked.

"Yes Jake?" she said looking into my eyes with her glowing green ones, not but a few inches away from my face.

"I was gonna ask you something before I was so rudely interrupted last night. So do you....do you..." I stuttered, feeling the nervousness kick back in. This always happens when I am around Ivy.

"Do I what Jake? Go ahead and ask me." Ivy said, placing a hand on my shoulder for encouragement.

"Do you like me? You know as more than a friend?" I asked, blushing hard. In response, Ivy's head tilted to the right a little and she quirked an eyebrow at me. Then she started to lean closer to my face and I felt my heart rate increase. Then finally she placed her lips onto mine softly and she kept them there for about seven seconds before retracting. "Was that an attempt to try and hypnotize me?" I said with a smile on my face to let her know I was joking.

Ivy laughed and said, "Nope. That Jake was a kiss." I blushed as she said that. "So does that answer your question?" Ivy smirked at me.

I acted like I was thinking about it and said, "It seems like your answer is....no." I said, faking being dejected. Ivy playfully whacked my shoulder with a grin. "Then if that is the case, would you, Poison Ivy, do me the honor of becoming my girlfriend?" I asked with more confidence.

"Hmm, well let me debate about that." She said playfully before turning her head to the side for a moment before turning back to me and saying, "Yes, I will be your girlfriend Jake Olsen." I released a breath I did not know I had been holding before leaning up to kiss her again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little while has passed and all I did with Ivy was sit on the flower and cuddle. And personally I didn't think it was half bad. I just stared into those lovely green eyes as I stroked her arm softly. In return Ivy scooted closer to me and gave me a kiss on my lips and cheeks.

"I see that your new favorite hobby is kissing me." I smirked. Ivy rolled her eyes, but a smile was etched on her face.

"You're just so cute. I can't help myself." Ivy admitted. She then scooted closer to me and buried her head into my chest. "You're so warm." She whispered.

"Thanks." I said, not knowing how else to answer that.

I was enjoying my time with my new girlfriend  when a drone suddenly appeared out of no where. It had a circular shape and a red lens in the front. The lens let out a red light that scanned both Ivy and me.

I felt Ivy tense up and turn around, commanding a giant venous flytrap to devour the drone. I then heard Ivy sigh deeply before she looked at me again.

"What was that all about?" I asked, completely confused.

Ivy remained quiet with hesitation. Then she finally spoke. "I am afraid my enemies are more persistent that I thought."

"Enemies? What enemies do you keep referring to?" I asked. She didn't answer me this time, and proceeded to look at the ground. "Ivy?" I asked again.

Ivy lifted her face to look at me and she gave me a weak smile. "I don't want to talk about it now Jake. I just want us to have time to ourselves. I'll tell you later. That's a promise." she replied.

I still looked at her with suspicion, but I did not press the matter further, and continued to cuddle with her.

'What is it that she is not telling me?' I thought to myself as we sat there on the flower.