Chapter 5

It's been three days since I was technically 'captured' by Poison Ivy. But over that time, I have grown very accustomed to living here in the woods, despite the fact that I have only worn one set of clothes for six days. And you know what? I kinda like it here. I like being in nature's garden. And I especially like being with Ivy.

Speaking of Ivy, things have gone rather well......different with me and her. Every time that we would be close to each other, she would find some way to touch me. This includes: hugging, cheek kissing, snuggling and on rare occasions, hand holding. I wanna go ahead and make the conclusion that she has feelings for me, but for some reason, I just can't. Does she like me in that way? And suppose she does like me, what do I do from there? Do I ask her out, do I wait for her to say that she likes me? And what about Bruce? If he finds me and takes me home with him, I'll be away from Ivy. And I don't want that to happen. However, Bruce did rescue me from that orphanage so that i could live with him. Boy what a tug of war I am playing with myself!

"Earth to Jake!" I heard, and saw a green hand waive in front of my face. I snapped out of my thoughts and turned to look at Ivy. "What you thinking about?" she asked, sitting down next to me.

"Oh, nothing. Just stuff that you wouldn't really care about" I lied. She didn't appear to believe me, but she let the matter slide.

"You know, I haven't ever been this happy with anybody in my life Jake. I am very glad I got to meet you." Ivy said, looking into my eyes.

"And I am glad that I got to know you Ivy." I replied back. Then I took a deep breath and prepared myself for this moment. "Um, Ivy?" I began.

"Yes Jake?" Ivy replied, moving closer to me.

"I....um.....well.....Will you-" I stuttered, before I was cut off by the sound of jets. Since it was dark outside, I could easily see the lights from a jets in the sky, and they were getting brighter, meaning that the jet was coming closer to us. "What would a jet be doing out here and this late at night?" I said. Then the jet appeared over the clearing. I immediately took notice of the bat-shaped form of the ship.

"This is no ordinary jet Jake. That's Batman's ship!" Ivy said, standing up and rallying her plants to come to her aid and surround us. But that seemed to offer little help as a giant claw came out of the ship and before I could react, it grabbed me and pulled me up.

"Hey! What gives!" I yelled.

"Jake! No!!" I heard Ivy yell, as she commanded some of her vines to grab me and try to pull me back down. But the ship quickly released two razor sharp discs and it easily broke the vines and I was pulled in. "No!!! Let him go!!" Ivy said, trying to reach me again, but I was way too far out of reach for her plants to grab me as I passed through an opening in the ship.

As I was pulled in, I saw the look of sadness and anger appear on Ivy's face, and I couldn't take it any longer. "I will come back Ivy! I promise!!" I hollered just as I was pulled inside of the ship.

I struggled to get the claw off of me and to get back to Ivy before we got too far. "Don't bother pal." said a voice to my left. I looked in that direction and saw a man with a black suit and a blue bird across his chest. He also had dark brown hair and a mask over his eyes. "That grabbing claw is made of titanium. So unless you have super-human strength, you can't break that." she continued.

I recognized this person anywhere. "Night wing?" I said, puzzled.

"In the flesh. He knows more than we thought." he called to a man by the front of the ship. The man had a head that resembled a bat. 'Batman.' I thought to myself.

"Hey guys, I really need to get back, so can you please return me to Ivy now?" I asked. Both men looked at me in utter bewilderment and Batman said something to the computer about an auto-pilot, before coming over to me.