Chapter 23

Jake POV

"Oh man, that was awesome Ivy!" I said to my girlfriend as we walked away from the family room. "Those two had the funniest looks on their faces."

Ivy smirked as we headed up to my room of the manor. "Well that should teach them to keep their little love activities in the bedroom. Not in the open family room where everyone can see them." she responded.

I closed the door and admired the plant-goddess in front of me. The way she just sat on my bed and played with my sheets a little bit, all while still looking as beautiful as ever, it started to make my heart pound a little harder.

"So Jake, how are you feeling about your parents?" Ivy asked after a minute of silence. I blinked in response as I came over to the bed and sat next to her.

To be honest, I still have mixed feelings about what I just found out back at the orphanage.  "I am conflicted Ivy." I said, leaning into her. She wrapped her arms around my shoulders and held me while I continued.

"I mean for my entire life I was under the assumption that my parents were dead, and I thought I had accepted it. But after the orphanage, now I'm starting to wonder if they were ever dead to begin with. If they really are dead then.....well it will still be a hard pill to swallow, due to my theories before were confirmed. But I am hopeful that they are still alive out there......somewhere."

Ivy then used of her her hands to direct my face in her direction. Even though she was wearing a soft look, it still pierced its way into my soul with the level of concern and seriousness radiating off of it.

"You don't have to get your feelings situated on the spot Jake. Sometimes it takes time to cope with them. You'll feel a lot better with time." Ivy said.

I just nodded my head and looked down at the sheets. Then another question came into my thoughts. "Pam?" I asked.

I could see Ivy's eyes light up as it was the first time I ever called her that. "Yes Jake?" she asked.

"What made you so attracted to me? Of all people in the world you could have, why me?" I asked, turning to face her, while still in her embrace.

Ivy gave me a small smile before she responded. "Well I was curious about you from the first moment we met. Not a lot of people are able to resist my hypnosis kiss. But as I got to know you more and more, I couldn't help but realize that first off you were incredibly handsome, but you are also smart, brave, kind, loyal, and funny. You just captivated me by just being you." she said.

Her hold on me got a little tighter as she said those words. I just smiled at her and gave her a small kiss. "You really are something Ivy." I said as we pulled away.

Ivy then smiled at me before giving me another kiss. But then after a second, she pulled away, released me from her hold and got off the bed.

"Where are you going?" I asked, confused. "Did I say something wrong?" I asked.

"No." she simply said, going to the door. At first I thought she was going to the bathroom for a bit. But then, she locked the door, before returning to me with a mischievous and seductive smile on her face.

"Just giving us some privacy." she added in a flirtatious voice.

"What is going through your mind right now?" I asked, a small smile creeping on my lips.

"Well I could tell you." Ivy said. Then suddenly she pinned me down onto the bed and hovered over me with that same smile present on her face. "But how about I show you instead?"