Powers are my downfall (part 3)

Weeks passed as Spot tried to realize what had happened with his girlfriend. All he got when she disappeared was a simple note. Nothing else. Not even a full sheet. 'I'm sorry Spot but I lost my feelings goodbye forever' was all that was scribbled on that paper. It broke his heart and he just locked himself in his room until he had to go out to sell. After he did some of the boys gave him space or tried to comfort him but he just shrugged it all off and didn't show any emotions. John on the other hand didn't change. His and Y/N's horrible and doomed relationship picked up from where they left off. Pain and torment was all she was met with and thanks to that child's powers her feelings for him never changed. Even when his started to die out. When the feelings started to putter out then so did the tournament. That was until some information was introduced to both boys...

It was Ace who heard about the new information first and when Spot found out his chest ached as he locked himself away for a while once again. Not long after the Brooklyn leader found out so did John. Hearing that one of the most powerful kids in New York had a weakness he decided to make a deal with the leader of Queens, Spike. Practically everyone already knew about his ex-girlfriend but nobody knew where she was. Until John told Spike all about his plan. If that leader had her in his grasp he could rule the whole of the city of newsies. All he wanted to do was get some money as well as being the one who gave her all the pain. That was all he wanted. Nothing more and nothing less. And, as it concerned power, Spike agreed.

Once Y/N found out about the agreement she just followed blindly. The fake love in her heart lead her. Silent tears streamed down her cheeks from the pain and nothing else. She was faithful to him no matter what happened to her physically or mentally. It was Spot who reacted negatively. Knowing the one he loved was working for the one person he couldn't hate more. Of course nobody had told him yet how she was helping him but the pain that was always going to be there and it made him a weaker leader to his boys. He seemed so distant and when he finally found the deal note that one of his boys was given by a Queens newsies he went into a rage.

His heart let out a breath knowing that she didn't betray him and that there is a chance that she still loves him. If that at all was possible he had to fight for her. No matter what happened he needed to get her back. With his strength that task shouldn't be too hard...right?

The next day Spot and a big group of his newsies marched to Queens but when they got to the border they dispersed. Disappearing into the darkness as Spot moved towards the Queens lodging house with Ace by his side. A knock was not even needed to get inside as Spike was waiting for him the whole time. The doors swung open to reveal the enemy leader and his hostage. A bag was over her head as her hands were tied behind her back. Just seeing her like that and covered in injuries just filled his blood with anger just wanting to get revenge. "So Spotty, you hear to accept my deal?" He smirked as the Brooklyn newsie clenched his fist and Ace tried to keep him calm.

"Yes I am. Hand her over. I've told my boys that you are the new leader." He stepped forward and a knife was held up against her neck. "Spike I filled my part of the deal. Now let her go." A laugh was all the reply he gave. A quick move to remove the bag over Y/N's head showed purely what had happened. Bruises covered every inch of her face but that pink color was still in her eyes and very noticeable. Noticing the color, Spot's anger bubbled over as he whistled and boys jumped out of everywhere and quickly pinned Spike down before pulling Y/N away and to safety. They carried her gently back to Brooklyn and were saved from the screaming and the begging by the gag that was in between her lips.

Spot soon came back and saw that the one who he loved was strapped to her bed and struggling to get out. They left the gag in her mouth as she was screaming for her ex. Spot called out for the most useful newsie they had and that was Pigeon. He had the amazing power to stop any sort of power that affected other people. Times like this Spot was glad to have him on his side. With a single touch of Y/N's shoulder the spell over her was gone and her eyes faded back to their normal E/C. Watching this happened made him happy to know that she was safe and back with him. She looked up at him as the other boys untied her and removed the gag. Tears instantly started to fall down her cheeks as he pulled her towards him. Just feeling his arms around her just made his heart flutter. Hers too. The perfect Brooklyn couple was back together. A kiss was what sealed the deal and proved it to everyone that the relationship was as strong as it was before everything happened to them.

A few months passed and Spot had become more protective around his love but honestly it just helped her come over the trauma that she had gone through. But the love just grew between them and not even the key power could break it. And John did try to take her back again but Spot had him removed from New York. The small boy, who the Brooklyn newsies named Key, was taken in and treated like family but that same day the magical words passed through Spot's lips and into Y/N's ears. Y/N Conlon was the new queen of Brooklyn and they all lived happily ever after.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> 

I felt like adding a sweet ending to this story and I hope you all liked it.