Powers are my downfall (part 1)

Reader x Spot Conlon
Y/N : your name
E/C :eye colour
H/C :hair colour

Some are born with powers. Some are born powerless. But everyone still has one thing in mind. Either helping... Or hurting. With the idea of power in everyone's minds many people are either corrupted by it or they find ways to stop the 'villains' of new york. Many of the newsies have taken on the hero side of their powers. That is... if they had powers. Y/N is one of the unlucky few who weren't so lucky powers wise but more and more people have physical changes. She had beautiful white, angel like wings sprouting from her back. However she was lucky when it came to hiding them. A simple jacket was all she needed. Most of her life she stayed on the streets after she was kicked out of many workhouses when they found out about her wings until one day she bumped into two boys beating up a smaller one with a long wooden object. She saved the small boy and he took her in. That's when she learned his name was Crutchie because of the wooden object.

She slowly learned about the life of a newsie as the Manhattan boys invited her to stay longer than she expected. Even after they saw her wings. The little ones loved them so much that they nicked-named her 'Mother'. When the price was raised she was the one who made most of the meals for the boys so they had the strength they needed to win. Which they did. Y/N wasn't an aggressive person so she mainly stayed in the lodging house and made sure the beds and medical kits were ready if any boys came back with any broken or hurt. It wasn't until that day that everything stayed the same.

Zippy ran into the lodging house as fast as his legs could carry him and grabbed her arm. "Mother! Mother! Come quick!" He pulled her out of the house and down the road to where there was a big group of kids. They suddenly went quiet as she saw Les fly into the air as Jack announced that they had one. Y/N lifted Zippy onto her hip and smiled as she joined in the cheering. She managed to move her way through the crowd as Jack picked her up and spun around. He was truly happy. A few kids knocked into Jack which caused him to stumble and drop her.

Everything moved in slow motion as she fell to the ground until she felt a pair of strong arms wrap around her waist and the world stopped moving. A pair of sharp blue eyes looked back into her E/C eyes as a small blush spread across her cheeks. Whoever said that love at first sight was a myth lied. Big time. "Falling for me already, are ya?" The thick Brooklyn accent asked as he helped her up. Gently his hand reached out and pushed a strand of her H/C locks behind her ear as the heat just kept rising in her cheeks. She was at a complete loss for words. Lovestruck. That's the only word that she could use to describe how she was feeling when she looked into his eyes. Jack was the one who broke her out of her day dream when he started to apologize and ask if she was ok. Which, thanks to her savier, she was. He saluted to her before he disappeared into the crowd.

After a few days Y/N couldn't get that mysterious guy off her mind. He was always there in her mind no matter what happened and what she did he was always there. Never leaving. She had to see him again. Whatever it takes. Where should she start? She can remember that accent he had. That wonderful and heartwarming accent was like music to her ears. It was from Brooklyn. That's where she could start. So when the sun had reached the middle of the sky and all the boys had finished selling, she headed off on her journey.

After a short journey she finally crossed the bridge which separated her from her safe home to the home of the guy she fell in love with. To meet him again made her heart race as she slowly moved across the bridge, sun almost dipping below the horizon. Jack always did mention the fact that Brooklyn wasn't the best place to be when it turned dark. She needed to find him... and fast. Before something happens to her. Y/N fixed her cap to hide her hair so she could hide her gender. Being a guy in Brooklyn was hard enough. Walking across the docks a huge gust of wind almost knocked her into the cold gray water below but luckily she stayed bone dry. The next hard part was trying to find a newsie that matched those beautiful eyes or someone who would know who they would belong to.

She felt like everything was fine until a cold hand wrapped around her mouth and pulled her back into a darker alley way. Her back slammed against the wall and her head followed soon after making her feel dizzy. The whole world just started to slowly spin around her as the attacker smirked looking over her. "Hey there pretty lady~" He purred into her ear. Wait. Did he just stay... And if that day couldn't get any worse she spotted her cap laying on the floor and her hair over her shoulders. As quickly as he had pinned her to the wall she learned that his power was to freeze anyone in place and that's why she wasn't moving or struggling.

As she felt all hope to be saved a small movement of what looked like gold and a black stick. Her attacker moved away and she was finally freed as she moved away quickly. Once the man had ran away Y/N got a look at the person who probably saved her life. It was him. The boy with those beautiful eyes. "You ok? What are you doing out at night?" He asked softly with that accent still causing the goosebumps to run in her skin. His hand was outstretched to help her back onto her feet.