Powers are my downfall (part 2)

After their encounter in that alley way Spot and Y/N grow closer and become good friends. Even as Y/N goes through her first relationship and break up. Spot was the one who told her that she should break up with that ass hole as he was a really abusive guy and he did it to save her sanity. Being in an abusive relationship was not good for anyone at all. Spot occasionally had to help her calm down from nightmares at nights during the times where she stayed there. Jack and the other Newsies in Manhattan were still friends but they all knew that Spot and Y/N had feelings for each other but they couldn't express them.

However Jack and most of the Brooklyn newsies all decided that they would try and get the two together if it was the last thing they did. They couldn't do the normal thing and lock them two in a cupboard together because of Spots' strength. But did that stop them? No it isn't . Y/N ran into the cupboard because one of the kids said that someone was locked in there. Spot on the other hand was already in there trying to find his slingshot that his right hand man said he saw one of the boys put in there. Everything was in place and all they needed to do was lock the door.

"Oh hey Spot, You're in here t-" She mumbled before one of the kids pushed her inside and against Spot and slammed the door shut then locked in. "O-oh... w-what's happening?" she mumbled as she looked around the now dark room. Spot laughed a little.

"The younger ones are playing a prank probably so it's fine... Y/N? Are you ok?" He asked worried when his eyes finally adjusted to the darkness to be met with the pure fear in her eyes. Something was definitely wrong and the hair's on the back of his neck stood up knowing something was wrong.

Spot was one of the lucky few who had more than one power. He not only was a master of strength with that supernatural abilities in that particular area. He also got a feeling if someone he cared about was in any danger. He used both powers for good and to protect himself and his fellow newsies. He got said tingle every time she went to her ex's.

Y/N nodded a little. "Yeah it's just that... (Don't like small spaces/ don't like the dark)... I know it's stupid..." She mumbled looking away and sighing. Spot pulled her close and rubbed her back gently trying to calm her down.

"I promise it will be ok Y/N. I promise." He said softly. "I just need to move to the door and I'll get us out ok?" He mumbled but stopped moving when he felt her start to shake. Panic attack. He tried everything to stop it but nothing worked. The only way to stop it was for him to distract her from the situation. Slowly he learnt that after every nightmare. Nothing around him would distract her quickly apart from one thing. So he did it. He kissed her. That was the only thing he could do which made sense. Almost instantly she kissed him back. The feelings and sparks between the two as Spot kicked open the door and the boys ran off. From that point onward Spot and Y/N have been always together.

Not many things happened while the two were together. Many kids were scared to hurt Y/N or feel the anger from Spot. It wasn't until a few months after their two year anniversary everything went downhill. A few sightings of her ex were spotted in Brooklyn so Spot had to be careful with where him and Y/N went as the rumors also came with a warning that one of the people that was with him could change how people felt. If only the rumors were true. It was much worse than that.

One day Spot had to go off and sell and it was a very slow day so he was out for longer. Nobody saw the small boy creep up to Spot's room and towards the door where Y/N was resting, reading F/B. The power that so many people were worried that the child has was the ability to create a key for everything he wanted to. One of the keys he made was one for Spot's room and Y/N smiled as she looked over at the door thinking it was Spot. "umm... Mother... Spot needs your help." He mumbled as Y/N nodded and followed him. They ran down the streets of Brooklyn and she didn't know something was wrong until she saw her ex and the boy grabbed her arms and stopped her from running away. Confusion filled her mind as she struggled. John smirked as he cupped her cheek and moved her H/C hair from out of her face.

"You did well my child. Now. Make it." he commanded as a small glow came from the kid's hand and a small key was there with a beautiful golden heart at the end as John took it and looked up at her. "This is mine now. Just like you. The key to the heart is a beautiful thing." He laughed as her eyes had a small pink colour to them as she smiled and hugged him tightly. Something changed in her mind as she held him and now nothing could stop her falling for him even though she wasn't okay with it at all.