xxi| The Past Revisited pt 1

After her last encounter with the dark wizard, Maria was even more on edge, retreating further and further back from any sort of social life

After her last encounter with the dark wizard, Maria was even more on edge, retreating further and further back from any sort of social life. The only time she left the Astronomy Tower was for order meetings, seldom they were.

So as she sat down on the floor of the tower, making meaningless balls of magic, a silvery light shot through the air, catching her off guard.

The light dissipated into a Patronus of a large, handsome Phoenix. Then it opened its mouth, Albus' voice echoing through the wind, "An Order meeting is being held today, at three p.m."

And then, just as soon as it had all happened, the Patronus vanished from the tower, leaving Maria befuddled at the least, not doing anything to settle her nerves.

Looking down at her wristwatch, Maria huffed in frustration, the small hands pointing at just over ten to three.

"I swear that man thinks I'm a witch, " she inhaled, transforming into her fairy form.

With a quick flutter of her wings, Maria flew off the tower, the harsh March gales beating against her exposed skin. After around ten minutes, the wind became too much, leaving Maria to use her magic.

Casting a quick spell, the fairy was able to manipulate the wind around her, creating almost a bubble of warmth that encased her being. Headquarters was located in north London, almost an hour's journey as the crow flew.

Now, though Maria isn't a witch, that didn't stop her from finding her own way to travel as efficiently as apperating. Tapping into her wind energy once more, Maria used it to her advantage, wrapping it around her as she sent herself whisking forwards at tremendous speed.

Maria slowed down around two streets from headquarters, swooping down gracefully into a small alleyway. Transforming back, the fairy let out a cold shiver, swiftly conjuring up a cloak and scarf to go over her dress.

To a passer-by, the building was impossible to recognise. Repeating the password over in her head, Maria stood back a bit from the gates of the terraced houses. No sooner had she thought about it, an old-looking dwelling started to appear between two others.

Upon entering, the fairy was greeted by loud curtains framing the dusty windows. An almost vomit green wallpaper covered the walls of the entryway, darkening any light that escaped through the windows.

Walking down the hallway, Maria apologised to the group in the kitchen, not noticing the eerie silence, " I would have been earlier if someone remembered-" Though she stopped in her tracks when she not just her godson at the table, but Sirius and Remus as well.

Turning to face Albus, Maria spoke sharply, "What's the meaning of all this, Albus? You're recruiting children now!? Surely you didn't allow this Euphemia?"

"No I did not, and I won't allow it either!" Fi replied pointedly.

"They are not kids anymore, ladies, you're well aware of that," Dumbledore gently explained. "They are adults. They can decide for themselves."