i| Blast From The Past

*Edited:17/07/2019 *

Start of flashback:It was another warm summer's night of the year 1942, so pleasant that if it wasn't for the occasional breeze bristling the leaves, time would have appeared to stand still

Start of flashback:
It was another warm summer's night of the year 1942, so pleasant that if it wasn't for the occasional breeze bristling the leaves, time would have appeared to stand still. This night found a 15 year old Maria Lightly (Lightie), Faragonda (Gondy), Grizellda (Grizzy) and Palladium (Ladie) turning in for the night after spending the whole day at the lake across from Alfea. The exhaustion was overbearing and the girls were out like a light as soon as their heads touched their pillows.

At around 2am , Maria was startled awake by the screams of Gondy and Grizzy. However before she could react, someone roughly grasped her arms in a tight vice-like grip and forcefully pushed a bag over her head. It seemed that no matter how hard she tried to throw her attacker off by thrashing and screaming, she couldn't break free from their hold. After what felt like hours of moving and a series of hushed whispers, someone abruptly ripped the bag from her head revealing something that would perfectly resemble a nightmare come true.

Maria desperately tried to calm the loud thumping of her heart when she was met with the sight before her eyes, but all that her brain could comprehend for that moment was that Grizzy and Gondy were tied up before her. She instantly recognised the place they were in. It was one of the most magical yet noticeable features that Alfea beholds. The feature that separated the grounds between good and evil. In fact it was the same place that the friends have spent the previous day laughing and sharing stories. She was once again met with the familiar view of the lake which (although was an inappropriate time) left her slightly confused as to why she was brought there.

'Out of all the places to bring us... why here' she thought.

But soon all made sense when her attention was drawn back to reality as a memorable sadistic laugh echoed from behind her, being emitted by the Bain herself. Surely, upon turning around it was none other than Griffin herself (but known as Birdface by most). She was just standing there with a single hand on her hip, clearly enjoying Maria's struggle with a cocky smirk plastered upon her face. This with no doubt made the fairy's blood boil with rage.

"What do you think your doing Birdface!?" Maria snapped at her threateningly. While usually that was more than enough to scare the living daylights out of anyone, Griffin kept a cool exterior which only further fuelled the fairy's anger. Oh how she itched to slap that annoying smirk of the witch's face.

"My aren't we rude? Has no one ever bothered to teach you any manners Lightly, or have the standards in Alfea dropped so low that they no longer require basic etiquette." sneered Griffin causing her cronies to laugh. Maria could only grit her teeth as she was forced to watch the events unfold.

Griffin seemed even more pleased at the lack of restrain from her hostage. "Not up to fighting today Lightly? Pitty, I was looking forward to showing you your place. But since that's not the case why don't we have some fun instead? What do you say?"

Maria and Griffin have never gotten along to begin with. For starters there was the traditional fuad between the light and the dark which was exceptionally common in the time when Maria attended school, so the chances of being in the good books of a witch was very rare for a fairy. Not only that but due to Maria's unnaturally powerful magical gift, many witches were envious of her. That one fact caused many witches to direct their hatred towards her (Griffin's gang included) and was also what lead to Faragonda becoming a target of Griffin's future 'pranks'.

And so the tensions began. Maria often blamed herself for the mishappenings that occured around her and often found herself hating this power she was given because of the amount of indirect destruction it caused and even for the simple fact that she could not live a normal life. But this only made her stronger as a person and grow from the burden she was abandoned with, it is what lead to Maria being the most outspoken and confident fairy Alfea has seen and was also what lead us to the present moment, which was by far the greatest stunt she has encountered yet.