x| The Quidditch Finals

*Edited:06/04/2020*

Now with the witching season passed, students and staff prepared and congregated all month, regardless if the sun was splitting the stones, or if the rain was pelting down like brass bullets

Now with the witching season passed, students and staff prepared and congregated all month, regardless if the sun was splitting the stones, or if the rain was pelting down like brass bullets. Nothing could disrupt the jovial atmosphere that was Quidditch.

Gryffindor and Slytherin readied for battle in the final, both teams willing to achieve the trophy by any means necessary. Their rivalry, more intense than the other houses, dating as far back as the founders of Hogwarts, only drove further their need to conquer the other.

Now, Maria was a caring and adoring woman on a normal day, if sometimes a bit mischievous, but when it came to quidditch it was a completely different story.

In Magix, there was nothing like this, so Maria naturally took a liking to the sport. Yet if there is one thing that Maria disliked most; it is losing. Specifically to Slughorn and his snakes.

The two heads of houses held a personal grudge towards each other, Horace was an easy subject for Maria's pranks and stunts while Maria constantly was flunked in his potions class, maybe because she was preoccupied during his class, but hey, who knows?

It was the morning of the final and all the staff were at the teacher's table enjoying some breakfast before heading down to the stands. Maria was situated in her usual seat, with Albus in the centre of the table and Minerva to his right.

Sadly Slughorn was to Maria's right, but that never seemed to pose a problem, most of the time they would simply ignore each other, Maria talking to Minerva and Horace conversing with Filius. Rivalries tended to change the rules.

"Well, prepared to lose again? Maria," he asked her boastfully, letting out a condescending chuckle.

Slytherin house has won every final that Maria had been at Hogwarts and even as a professor, Horace was still as snobby as ever. However, this was about to change.

"No. This year we will win" Maria replied confidently, keeping her gaze to the Gryffindor table, where her team were listening in to the conversation, Sirius and James gasping at her boldness.

Minerva chuckled quietly at the shock evident on Horace's face. Even Albus raised an eyebrow at the comment.

Slughorn laughed it off, turning around to face Maria properly before questioning her, a daring tone hidden in his voice,

"You sound very sure about that?"

"I am because I know that the Gryffindor team will play fairly" she answered him, pushing out her chair and leaving the table before Horace could say another word.

On her way out, she grabbed Sirius and James by their collars and dragged them out with her. Once they reached the courtyard Maria stopped.

"What was that for? You almost ruined my hair!" Sirius nagged as he fixed his shirt and tie.