X

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nobody's gotten a full ten hours of sleep since the day we buried Jungkook. Taehyung constantly slept in our dorm because he couldn't even look at jungkook's belongings without mourning his best friend.

All i could do was be there for them.
For Yeji, losing her boyfriend could be hard; and finding out he's a rapist and a cheater adds some more hurt.
For Tae, losing his best friend hurts as well, and the fact that he had helped the person who killed him bury him, adds some more heartbreak.

All i can do is understand. Because if i don't understand, i find myself taking sides. And i can't afford to lose anyone else. No one can.

So as Yeji lies in my bed, and I'm sandwiched between tae and herself, I comfort them. Yeji hugs me while i gently brush my fingers through my boyfriend's hair. "Y/N,'' taehyung mutters through his bloated eyes.

"hm?''

He sighs slightly before holding back tears. I hate when he does that, I wish he'd just let it all out. I want him to know that I'm here for him, always. "What if I lose you, too?" he asks.

I didn't have an answer for this. You can't escape dying even if you tried. But i shouldn't remind him of that in this situation. "That won't happen.''

"But you don't know that''

"I don't, you're right. Death is inevitable, just like life.
If I die, it doesn't mean you do, too.
I want you to enjoy yourself down to the last drop when i pass.''

I cup taehyung's face ever so gently, and he closes his eyes in my grip.

A tear finally fights it's way through, it streaming down his soft cheek.
"What if you lose me?''

That question was enough to make my head spin. A lump formed in my throat just thinking of the day. I can't live without him and it's cliche, but it's true.

"Tae''

''What if one day i go to get you some coffee, and i never come back?''

"Tae, please s-stop'' I started crying and sniffling heavily.

"I never thought my own best friend would be such a monster.
What if I'm a monster too, Y/N?''

I blinked frantically trying to stop my tears. i grasped taehyung's face tighter and tried shaking him out of it.

He was having a panic attack.

His heartbeat practically fell from his chest to my hands, and his body was cold and limp while all he did was make scenarios in his mind.

"baby, snap out of it!''

Tae gasped between his words and shook underneath my palms.

"Breathe.''