IX

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yeji, open the door!" I screamed as I continually pounded against our dorm room door.

"I-" she deadpanned. "I can't"

Taehyung looked at me with nothing besides pure and udder confusion, but I couldn't explain to him what had happened. I didn't want him to hate Yeji.

"Yeji, open the door or I'll kick it down"

She finally clenched the doorknob and twisted it open hesitantly, revealing jungkook on the floor with a pool of blood surrounding him.

Taehyung rushed over to jungkook and got on his knees, sobbing and screaming "what did you do!"

Yeji began to tear up and I was already a hot mess, crying with taehyung. I tried to comfort him and Yeji was attempting to explain what happened.

"He was having sex with me in my sleep y/n!"

"So you killed him?!" I asked. I automatically regretted my sense of shock right after I asked it. This guy jungkook is practically a rapist.

Yeji looked at me with a snarl and folded her arms. "I can't believe you're not backing me up on this!"

"Yeji, you killed your boyfriend!"

"Just because he is my boyfriend gives him no right to touch me without consent!"

She was right. And in my head I knew she was right. But Taehyung lost his bestfriend, and Yeji seems to show no sense of regret or concern, other than a few fake tears.

"If Taehyung raped you in your sleep what would you do?"

I pursed my lips In deep thought. "I wouldn't kill him!"

Taehyung sat there on his knees, trying to wake jungkook up as if he wasn't dead.

"Did you know that he's married?!" Yeji asks us and we both stay frozen. Taehyung looks at me and then gulps.

"Did you know something I didn't, tae?" She asked gently, but kind of pissed. '

I stood up tall and began to scream in yeji's face. "We have nothing to do with your poor choice in men!"

"Next time you point your finger in my face I'm going to break it off!"

"ENOUGH!!" Taehyung suddenly screamed. It was a loud, deep voiced scream. "This is my best friend you guys are talking about! And he was murdered! By your friend, y/n!"

I shook my head. "Taehyung don't turn this on me! Your 'bestfriend' raped Yeji! She didn't have to kill him, but it's what he deserved!"

"You're right, it is what he deserved. But he was all I had! He was the only friend I've had since middle school!"

"So you don't have me, then?" I asked. I was disappointed he'd say something like that after what we did today. How could he pretend I'm nothing to him?

"That's different"

"Is it?"

''Are you seriously victimizing yourself right now,'' he asked with a pout, ''this is fucking ridiculous!"

I turned my attention away from Taehyung and began to roll jungkook's dead body into our carpet. I winced and covered my nose. He was decaying right in front of our eyes, the pungent fumes attacking my nostrils.

"Help me, Yeji. This is your fight."

She helped me roll jungkook in the carpet and we brainstormed a way to get him downstairs and into the trunk of her car. And when we did it, Taehyung shook anxiously, crying every second.

I put my arm on his shoulder. "I'm sorry, tae. I know how much he meant to you. But he was lying to you, to all of us, about who he really was."

"You're right," he sniffled. "And I'm sorry Yeji, sorry that he lied and cheated on you. I couldn't imagine the roles being reversed. I'm sorry."

Yeji nodded and accepted his apology while we drove through the woods for a place to drop the body.

When we found an area, we buried his body with shovels we took from the janitors closet. "Goodbye, jungkook."

"this isn't goodbye,'' Tae said suddenly. Why would he say that?
I turned my attention to him and raised an eyebrow.

Yeji seemed to have the same reaction.

Taehyung crossed his arms and with a straight face said, ''The police will find out about what you did, Yeji.''

"why would they find out? did you tell?- what a rat!'' yeji punched at tae's shoulder and i stopped her.

"i would have snitched on you, yeji, but we have no time to throw tantrums. Right now, we have to find a way to keep this on the down-low.''

i smirked deviously because i knew tae wouldn't rat yeji out like that. He's loyal.

"why are you suddenly deciding to help? i killed your only friend.''

''Because you mean a lot to Y/N, which means you mean a lot to me too.''

yeji blushed and i caught glimpse at how flustered she was over tae's words.

"don't flatter yourself yeji, this is practically taehyung's profession-- duality.''

we all giggled and got back in to tae's car, smelling the harsh chemicals and decaying of limbs from when he had jungkook's corpse stuffed in his trunk.

we rode through it though, and i had my hand over the small of tae's back. I knew he felt sad about this, he's simply just hiding his pain as always. So from now on I'll make it my priority to comfort him.

Is this what couples do?

.
...
..