Pause

We all froze once we knew what was on the note. This B.D. person was taking maters to an extreme level. Ray was still on the floor, crying into Laurielle's chest. The rest of us stood around, trying to overcome the shock that paralyzed us all. Not long after Ray read the note out loud, the sound of sirens blared louder and louder. We could hear the front door open, and the sound of footprints shuffle up the winding staircase. Prince and Keisha emerged through the door, and Ki'loni came back into the bathroom, followed by a few police officers and a few EMS workers. They asked us to step outside of the bathroom, as a few more EMS workers brought a stretcher upstairs. "Your friend is fine, she just suffered shock. Everything will be okay. We're just gonna put her on the stretcher and drive her home in the ambulance." Keisha nodded, and let them proceed. I let out a huge sigh of relief. As long as Laurielle was okay. Ray was in the corner of the hallway crying. Roc walked over to him "Ray, bro? Everything is gonna alright." Roc tried to put his hand on his shoulder, but Ray moved away. Ray just went ballistic. "This is fucking unfair! Laurielle didn't do a think to anyone! Why did B.D. have to target her, huh?! You know what? B.D., whoever the hell you are, don't touch my girlfriend! Come after me! Because I swear, as soon as I find you, I'm going to kill you! Don't mess what me and what's mine!" Ray hit the wall, and fell to the floor, sobbing in his hands. I have never seen him so enraged; he was always the cool-headed one. I knew he was only speaking out of anger, but this situation was really taking a tole on him. Roc got Ray up off the floor, and pulled him into a hug. Not one of those lame one arm hugs, but a real, brotherly hug. Roc pulled away. "C'mon bro. Everything is gonna be fine." Ray nodded, and sat back down on the floor. The rest of us stood there in silence once more, not really knowing how to comprehend everything that just happened. One of the police officers came out to speak with us. "I have some good news, and some bad news. Good news, Laurielle is fine, no damage whatsoever. She's just severely in shock. Bad news..." He paused, I guess he was trying to find the right words to say. "Well... it seems as if this B.D. person didn't leave a single fingerprint on the crime scene. Not on the note, not on your friend's shirt, no where. We have absolutely no way of tracking this felon. Whoever he is, he knows how to cover up his tracks very well. We're working with a grade A criminal right here." What? Are you kidding me? So now we had no way of finding out who B.D. was? Bullshit! There had to be a way! The police officer began to walk back in the bathroom, when Jamaya stopped him. "Wait, so that's it? You're not doing anything else?" The police officer sighed. "There is nothing else we can do! There's not evidence, no witnesses. Therefore, there's no case." He gathered the other police officers, and they all began to walk down the stairs, when Jamaya stopped them again. "What do you mean there's no case? Our friend is unconscious on the floor, being lifted away on a stretcher and there's no case?! So what happens if B.D. strikes again, huh? We got lucky this time that no one was seriously injured, or worse! And I'm a thousand percent that they're gonna come back for more! Yet you're in here trying to tell me that there's no case?!" Jamaya completely went off, but she was totally right. If we didn't stop B.D. now, when would he ever stop? The police officer shook his head. "I'm sorry. If this B.D. fellow ever harasses you again, let us know. Other than that, just hope for the best. Again, there's nothing we can do." He walked down the staircase, followed by his colleagues. The EMS workers soon followed behind them, slowly maneuvering down the spiral staircase with the stretcher that held Laurielle. Once they all reached the ground floor, the sirens started up again, and grew weaker and weaker as they drove away. There wasn't silence for so long. Ki'loni was the first to speak. "I think that police officer is dead wrong. There are ways of finding B.D.'s identity, but they're just too lazy to do anything about it." We all mumbled and nodded, agreeing with what she had just said. "Yeah, I agree," Prod said, "They're probably just gonna wait until one of us gets hurt to take the situation seriously..." He trailed off. "Well, I'm not gonna let that happen," I said, "We're gonna find out who B.D. is, even if we have to take matters into our own hands." Ray lifted his head, and spoke for the first time since his rant. "The only thing I'm scared of is... B.D. said they were closer than you think, right?" We all nodded. "So, what if B.D. is someone in this room?" We all looked around. I thought the idea was completely stupid. But the others didn't seem to see things my way. "Well, Ki'loni was closest to the door when the lights shut off..." said Jamaya. Everyone turned to Ki'loni. Her eyes got wide, "Me? Why the hell would I hurt Laurielle?! Stop pinning things on me Jamaya! I was in the room just like the rest of you guys! Sheesh." Jamaya shrugged, "Well, I dunno... B.D. did say they were close to us. So as of now, everyone is a suspect..." Ki'loni started getting pissed off. "Jamaya, stop! If everyone in here is a suspect, that also includes you! You're trying to say that you're a suspect to a crime that you know you didn't commit? That sounds retarded and you know it. None of us are guilty, so dead that rumor right now." Prince jumped in, "I don't know Ki'loni. Jamaya does have a point. One of us in here could be a Deceiver, pretending to be our friend but secretly not." Breaunna spoke for the first time this whole night, "Prince please. None of us are B.D. so quit it. We're all friends in here." Ray spoke as well, "I'm just not sure of anything anymore. You can't trust anyone." I sighed and began to speak, because this was getting too far out of hand. "Guys, stop. This stupid situation is splitting us up! You really don't believe that some one in here is B.D., right?" Jamaya sighed as well. "Sadly, that's exactly what I believe." With that, Jamaya turned around and left Conjunction House. "I'm with her." Said Prince, as he went down the hallway towards his room. "Me too." Ray said, walking down the stairs to go to his room. Ki'loni, Roc, Breaunna and I stood together in a group. Prod was left standing alone. Roc started to talk, "So Prod, are you with us or not? Sticking together is the only way we're gonna find B.D." Prod looked around, trying to find an answer. He looked down. "I'm sorry guys. Ray was right, you can't trust anyone." Prod solemnly walked down the stairs going to his room. It kinda broke my heart to see him not believe us. But I knew he would come around sooner or later. They all would. I turned to Ki'loni, Roc, and Breaunna. "Well, I guess it's just us now." They nodded. "It's horrible how this one person came into our lives, and split us up like that," said Ki'loni. Roc joined in. "I know. We should be sticking together, not falling apart. B.D. is just playing us against each other. The only way we're gonna beat 'em is if we come together." I nodded, he was completely right. "Well, until we can convince them to come back on our side, it's up to us to find out who B.D. is." We agreed, and I decided it was time to go home. Walter drove me back. When I got there, I laid on my bed, and just hoped that everything would turn out alright.