Break

“Prodigy, what are you lying to me about?” Prod's eye's widened, as did Bahja's. Amber raised her eyebrow, waiting for a response. I could already tell by the awkward silence, that shit was about to get real. Prod began to stutter. “I...um... I don't know-” Amber cut him off, and grabbed him by his collar. I've never seen her so angry. “Craig, I'm not here for the lies or the bullshit. Tell what the hell is going on or I'm walking out of here and never coming back. Prod froze, I could tell he was thinking about what I had told him earlier. About how he was going to loose Amber if he didn't act soon. So I guess he decided to act. “Okay Amber! Me and Bahja were kinda messing around on the low!” The room went dead silent, and no one dared to move. I tried to examine Amber's expression. She stood there staring at the ground, inhaling and exhaling slowly, with her fist balled up. I could tell that the explosion was coming any second now. Prod spoke again, “Amber, I am so sor-” Amber held up her finger, signaling Prod to stop talking. She started to speak in a low tone. “So you mean, to tell me, that while I'm thinking you're the best boyfriend ever, you're really just messing around with the girl I fucking despise?!” She yelled the last part. Prod opened his mouth to speak again, but Amber put her finger up. “Don't you dare say a word to me. So you think that was alright Craig? To just fuck me over and toy with my emotions like its nothing? News flash, I'm not the one! I don't play that sneaky shit, okay?! I told you to keep it a hundred with me from the jump, and you still do this to me, Craig! I'm not here for that!!” Then Amber threw an unexpected punch to Prod's arm. And it looked like it hurt. Bahja decided to man up, “Don't talk to Prod like that!” Those 6 words really set Amber off. She started walking toward Bahja “Well excuse the fuck out of me! You should really be the last person talking, because I'm literally three seconds from knocking the pink out ya head. Test me, Bahja! I dare you.” With that, Bahja stopped talking and sat down. I guess she really wasn't about that life. “Now back to you,” she turned to Prod, tearing up. “Why Craig? Why? And to think I actually felt guilty for kissing Jared when h-” she stopped speaking immediately. Her eyes got wide & she covered her mouth, knowing that she wasn't supposed to say that. I could see Prod's mood change from sorrowful to enraged so quickly. He walked over to Amber slowly. “What? You mean to tell me that you kissed a guy that basically tried to hurt you weeks back?! Yeah Amber, I know alllll about Jared! And now you wanna come yelling at me while you did the same thing?! Bullshit Amber!” Amber looked hurt, but still continued on with her rant. “So what?! This all started because your dumb ass wanted to mess with Ms. Pepto-Bismol! Maybe if you would of been honest from the start we wouldn't be in this situation!” The two continued with their full-on yelling battle. “Damnit Amber! I'm trying to explain to you that I had my reasons for doing what I did, but you won't even fucking listen to me! If you would shut up and listen, we could have been settle this! But noooooo, everything has to go Amber's way, right?!” The two engaged in a staring match for at least a minute, until Amber broke the silence. “You know what? Whatever bro. If it wasn't obvious, we are DONE. Have a nice life.” She turned and headed for the door. Prod huffed under his breath, “The feelings are mutual.” He stormed upstairs and slammed his bedroom door at the same time Amber slammed the front door. The rest of us just kind of sat in silence, not knowing how to comprehend the previous events. Ray spoke first, “So much for a coming home party.” We decided to turn on the TV and watch a movie, to lighten the mood of the room. Bahja got up and went left the room, and I honestly didn't care. We settled on the movie Tangled. We gathered on our couch as the movie started to play. About half way through, Ray and Laurielle went off somewhere, Breaunna ended up asleep on the floor, Jamaya was asleep on Prince's lap, Prince was on IG, and Ki'loni and I were the only ones still watching the movie. It was really quiet in the room, until I heard some sniffiling, as if someone was crying. I looked down to Ki'loni, who's head was resting on my shoulder. She was covering her face. I looked at her concerned, “Loni? Are you crying?” She nodded. “This part is so sad! She has to cut off her hair to save the Prince. He almost died man.” I laughed at her, she was such a little cry baby. “Do you want me to get you some tissues?” She nodded again, and I got up and went to the kitchen. While I was searching the cabinet looking for paper towel, I could hear someone outside me talking. It sounded like a familiar voice, but when I looked around to see where it was coming from, there was no one there. I peaked my head out of the door to the backyard, and I saw someone standing there, pacing back and forth on the phone. The pink weave gave it away. I ducked out of view, and eavesdropped on Bahja's phone conversation. She started laughing, “Yes! You should of seen Amber's face when Prod confessed! She look like she wanted to cry. I wanted to laugh so bad, but I needed to stay in character... Yes, you're gonna get what you want!... Well its not over yet... Okay. We'll talk about this later. Okay bye.” Bahja started coming back towards the house, so I grabbed a tissue for Loni and walked back into the den as if nothing ever happened. But the Bahja's conversation still remained with me. Did she really set Amber and Prod up? And who was her accomplice? So many damn questions. I had to let Amber and Prod know before things got critical.

*

-The Next Week-

    I still had no luck trying to get Amber and Prod to speak. Every time I tried to convince them to come together and talk it out, they both refuse to show up. They're so stubborn. But I had a little plan of my own today. I invited Amber over to Conjunction House today again, but she thinks that she's gonna help me with my homework. She knocked on the door, and I greeted her with a smile. “Amber! I'm glad you showed up.” She smiled back, “Well, I can't leave my buddy hanging, right?“ We both laughed a little, and I led her the living room, where Prod was watching television. “What the hell is he doing here?” Prod turned around and rolled his eyes, “I live here, obviously.” He said in a rude way, and turned his head back to the TV. Amber put her hands up, “Okay, damn! Stop being an asshole.” Prod turned around again, “I will when you will!”They stared each other down for a good amount of time, then at the same time, they both said, “Whatever. I'm not here for you. I'm leaving.” As they both got up, Prince came into the room to block Amber from leaving, and Ray came and blocked the staircase to prevent Prod from leaving. It was all apart of my plan. Amber sucked her teeth and faced me again. “Roc what the hell are you doing this for? Craig and I obviously don't want to be associated with each other, so why can't you just respect that? We just weren't meant to be. Accept it.” I looked her dead in her eyes. “No! Look, I may not know that much about your relationship, but I do know one thing. Its that you and Prod WERE meant for each other. I know you guys loved each other very much. And I know you guys still love each other! I'm not gonna let you guys ruin that bond you have over some petty ass drama. So you guys are gonna talk this shit out right now!” The room got quiet. I guess everyone was thinking about what I just said. I didn't know I could be so deep. Prod sighed, “Fine. Let's just get this over with.” Amber shrugged, and they both sat on opposite side of the couch. That was some progress. I started to speak. “Okay Prod. Tell Amber the reason why you did what you did.“ He hung his head, sighed, and spoke. “Amber, the only reason I did that with Bahja was because her and Jared were planning something against you. I really didn't want anything to happen to you. I was trying to explain that last week, but you kept cutting me off.” Amber stared at the floor, trying to comprehend everything Prod said. She finally spoke. “I guess that's why Jared offered to be there if anything went wrong...” Prod nodded, “Yeah, they played us against each other. And it actually worked.” They awkwardly sat there in silence. Amber broke the silence and hugged Prod tight, for the first time in a week. She lightly cried into his chest. “Prodigy, I am so sorry! I was a complete jerk to you. I'm so sorry.” Prod embraced her hug. “Its okay Amber. I was a jerk too. I promise to never let anything come between us again.” Amber lifted her head and nodded. “I promise.” And they kissed each other lightly. Ray, Prince and I all “Awww'ed” in unison. We all laughed, until the me and the boys' phones started ringing. We checked our messages, all from Walter. He said that there was a bank robbery downtown Los Angeles, and we needed to get down there fast. Prod turned to Amber, “Damn Amber, we gotta take care of this situation. We'll talk more about us later, okay?” Amber nodded, as the boys and I headed for the door. Ray ran outside towards the car, “I call shotgun!” Prince went running after him. “No fair! You drove last time!” I rolled my eyes, laughed, and followed them with Prod. Amber stayed behind at the house. It took about five minutes to get to the bank that was being robbed. When we arrived, we put on our mask, hopped out the car and ran towards the scene. There were four guys, all about the same age as us. “Hey look guys,” Prod said, “One for each of us.” The four robbers turned around, and started coming towards us. Ray was the first to charge at one of the robbers. It was a pretty close fight, but the robber ended up having Ray in a headlock, and knocking him out cold on the floor. Meanwhile, Prince was struggling with another one of the robbers. He took Prince's arm and twisted it back, pushing him to the ground. The robber stepped on Prince's chest, making sure he was enable to get up. Prodigy on the other hand, was trying to fight off two robbers. He was holding them off pretty well, but not for long. One of them kicked Prod in his shin, making him collapse to the floor, clutching his leg in pain. I was the only one left who had yet to get hurt. I turned around to see one of the robbers standing behind me. He had on a ski mask, with only his eyes showing. His eyes were crazily familiar; they had a haunting look. “Not so tough now, huh?” He said to me. Before I had a chance to respond, a fist came flying towards my face, and I blacked out for a few minutes. When I woke back up, the robbers were gone, and the bank was a mess. Ray was still out cold, Prod was still holding his leg and Prince was rubbing his head. I looked around. Damn, we got our asses beat for the first time. Prince pointed out a piece of paper that lay in the middle of the room. “What's that?” I got up and walked over to it. My head hurt to bad; I felt like I was gonna faint any moment now. I picked up the note, and stared at it. The words on the paper were just replaying in my head over and over again. “Well what does it say Roc?," said Prod from across the room, “Spit it out!” I gulped, and began to read the note out loud.

“What you saw tonight was nothing. This is only the beginning of the end. Prepare yourselves for the eye of the hurricane.
                                                                                          -B.D. ♢ ”

~~~~~

Oh shizzle. Who the hell is B.D. with a diamond? A new nemesis? Hmmm....

I KNOW this chapter is horrible. But y'all know the story is about to get live, right? ;)

Just remeber, everyone is a suspect...