03

Lori

Lori

"It'll be alright." I say and rub Cherry's back as she cries into her hands.

"I don't want my kids to grow up like this." Cherry cries and I nod and sigh.

"You could put yourself out there again? Maybe find someo-" I say and she looks at me and furs her brows.

"No. Lori I am not about to walk around and fall into the same trap as I did first time. All men want the same thing." She says and I sigh and lean back against my white couch.

"Girl, you can't put every man in the same category because one dude did you wrong."

"You're speaking time me like he didn't abuse me mentally, emotionally and physically." Cherry growls and my heart drops realizing what I said came across her wrong.

"No no that's not what I meant. I'm just saying-"

"No I get it Lori. You have a perfect relationship and you know everything and nothing seems too important." Cherry says getting defensive and stands up and I do the same and grab her wrist.

"It's not what I'm saying. I'm visiting my boyfriend tomorrow night. He said I can invite friends so I'll invite you and Nylah. I'm not saying you have to date or get into any situationships but just try and be open to at least a new aquaintance? They're good guys..good examples of not all men" I suggest and she groans thinking it over and takes her wrist from my grip.

"Fine. Do I need to wear something specific?" She asks and I shake my head.

"It's just a game night." I respond and she nods and walks to my door.

"Just pick me up since my car is in the shop."

"Alright." I say and watch her leave and I lock the door behind her and sigh.

What Jayden did was horrible.  He manipulated her all through high school, made her go to the university he was going to only to guilt trip her into having sex with him and making her drop out of college. Not to mention the abuse he gave her. It doesn't help that the other men in her life aren't great examples either. I just want to slowly bring her back to where she used to be.

I walk to my phone that sat on my bed and call Nylah. The phone rings for a little bit and right before I hang up she answers.

"Hey."

"Hey Nylah what are you doing tomorrow night?"

"Nothing, why?"

"We want to come to Hoseok's for a game night?"

"Yeah sure! Might find me a husband while I'm there"

"Rrrright.. um well it's just a game night so everything is just light play nothing sensual." I say and she hums.

"Yeah yeah I'll see you tomorrow."