11

Lori

Lori

I huff as I try to call Hoseok for the fifth time. It was like during the week he was out patrolling but as soon as the weekend came he was never reachable. What could he possibly be doing? I groan and go to Snapchat and saw his bitmoji was at Nylah's job.

I grab my keys and head to the building. My thoughts start to race as I try and figure out why Hoseok wasn't at the police station and was at Nylah's job.

I pull up to the job and I walk past the secretary and head straight to Nylah's office. I tap my foot impatiently as it seems like the elevator stops at every floor. Once I get to the floor I storm to Nylah's office to see Nylah sitting on her desk with Hoseok kissing on her neck.

I bang on the door before barging into the room.

"Lori baby what are you-"

"What is going on here?" I shout slamming the door closed and Nylah shrugs.

"I have Hoseokie here-"

"Don't call him that! You know what...I don't care. You can forget about moving in together and as a matter of fact being together. We're done Hoseok and Nylah...don't speak to me." I say and walk out the office and Hoseok grabs my wrist.

"Baby it's not what it looks like! She's been manipulating me this entire time and I just want us to-"

"Stop! There is not going to be an us anymore! We're done!"

"I was just testing how loyal he was. He passed. He wasn't-"

"Shut it Nylah." I sneer, igniting every single pair of eyes on me.

I walk off and when Hoseok tries to grab my arm I yank it back and head down to my car. I can't believe this happened. Nylah is not my friend and Hoseok is not my boyfriend. I'm tired of being part of her experiment and to think that Hoseok did this without telling me.

I get to my car and yell out in frustration and hit the steering wheel before driving off. I head straight to Cherry's house. I hear my phone go off multiple times but I tune it out. It took a bit but once I get to Cherry's house I bang on her door.

"Lori what's wrong are you ok-" I cut Cherry off by hugging her tightly, letting my emotions out as I start to sob in the crook of her neck.

Cherry stands there rubbing my back as I cry into neck. She brings me inside and walks me to her bar and sits me down. She jogs around, handing me a box of tissue and pouring me a glass of wine.

"What happened?" Cherry asks and I hiccup as I continue to cry.

"Hoseok and Nylah. I-I caught them at her job and Nylah's been messing with him for a while now." I whimper and Cherry hangs her head low and shakes her head before looking back up at me.

"Are you serious? What did you do?"

"Well I broke up with Hoseok and I told Nylah to not speak to me again. They've been texting me but I haven't responded." I say and she nods.

"Just block Nylah but you need to speak it out with Hoseok. Maybe not now but when you're ready. I don't believe Hoseok would do that to you." Cherry says and I sip on my wine and let out a deep sigh.

"Maybe I should. I just...I wish it weren't true." I say and Cherry nods.

I stay over at Cherry's house to let my thoughts settle down. It took a while and once they were settled it was already late at night. Cherry let's me stay the night as we eat dinner together. I smile watching the kids. Beau fell asleep on my chest and Bonnie fell asleep on my lap.

"They love Auntie Lori." Cherry says and takes a drink of her wine.

"I see. How did your talk Jayden go?" I ask and she gives a quick laugh.

"Don't ask." She says and I nod already knowing and I look back at the kids.

"You're doing your best as a single mother." I say and she smiles and looks at me.

"Thanks Lori."

"No problem."