08

Jimin

Jimin

"Hey can you pick me up something sweet when you come back?" Hoseok asks as I gather my things.

"Yes." I say and I walk out and head to my car.

I put Cherry's address in my gps and head on her way. I'm proud that she's trying to put herself out there. I wonder how she's holding up with Nylah. Those two probably shouldn't be together. I called her to meet up at the park tonight to speak with her. It's been a while but I just want to talk with her.

Pulling up to her house a lot faster than I thought and I park my car and turn my car off. I get out and head to the door and knock. I take a step back hearing the door unlock and Cherry opens the door dressed in a white tank top, blue jeans, red heels and a white blazer, her red hair in a scarf with some red strands hanging down. She was now actually slightly taller than me now that she's in heels.

"Wow, even in casual wear you look really really pretty." I say and she smiles.

"Thank you." Cherry says and I hold my hand out for her and she takes it and I lead her to my car and open the door for her.

"Oh I'm taller than you. Do you want me to change shoes?" She asks and I scoff and help her in the car.

"I find height in a woman quite attractive." I tease and she smiles and I close the door and take a deep breath. This is just as friends not a date. I repeat this is not a date.

The drive to the cafe was silent. Slightly uncomfortable but I knew Cherry had a hard time starting conversations and making new friends so I didn't mind it. I tap her to the cafe that was about fifteen minutes from her house and thirty from the station.

"Is it scary being a police officer?" I hear Cherry ask and I glance at her.

"Not all the time though I have had near death experiences." I say and she nods and it was silent for a little bit.

"You....you look nice. Y'know in your uniform." Cherry says and I smile and slow to a stop at the stop light.

"Thank you Cherry."

"Taehyung took me for a ride. I don't know if that's allowed but..it was fun." Cherry says and I feel my grip on the wheel tighten a little bit and I tilt my head and clear my throat.

"Oh really? He might just be trying to impress you." I shrug, knowing how Taehyung could get when he liked someone.

"Impress me? There's not much that can impress me these days. Not anything that I can think of at least." Cherry mentions and I hum and start to drive once the light was green.

"Really? Why's that?"

"Just seen a bunch of stuff before. Patterns and more patterns." She sighs and looks out the window.

We get to the cafe and I unlock the door and help her out the car and walk with her inside. We walk up to the line to order and look at the large menu overhead.

"What are you going to get?" I ask and Cherry hums and twirls a strand of hair and lightly bites her lip.

"Maybe the cheddar and broccoli soup? You?"

"I might just get the same thing." I say and she nods and we wait for our turn.

Once it was our turn Cherry starts to bounce excitedly and I can't help but smile at her actions. I see she likes the soup.

"Your total will be eighteen dollars and thirty four cents." The male worker says and Cherry nods and starts to pull out her wallet.

"Cherry whatcha doing?" I ask and she looks at me.

"Um..paying?" She asks and I shake my head and pay for the food.

"Oh you didn't have to do that." She says as we were given a plaque for our order.

"Of course I did." I say and let her pick a seat and she picks next to the window.

"Well-well I need to pay you back. I can't have you buying things for me. Jayden would never pay for our stuff. Let me pay you back or I'll feel extremely bad and-"

"Whoa whoa whoa it's not that big of a deal. Who's Jayden and why do you feel so bad?" I ask completely confused and she hides her face in her hands.

"I'm sorry Jimin." She sighs and I lean forward a bit and place my hand in her shoulder.

"It's alright. Just talk to me." I say and she sniffs and wipes a tear before sitting up.

"I um... I didn't make very good choices in high school with people and it lead to many years of psychological and emotional damage." She says and I feel my heart break. Who could break her heart and ruin her mind so badly to where she has a hard time speaking to people.

"Really? Is that why you have a hard time speaking with people?" I ask and she nods.

"Don't worry Cher. I vow never let anyone do that to you again! I will arrest them." I cheese and she laughs a little.

"Thank you Jimin." She smiles and our order was given to us.

I actually liked the soup and the whole time we were there we told each other about our selves. It was a bit hard for Cherry so I just asked her simple questions such as her favorite color and her favorite number. I didn't want to push her to tell me anything she wasn't comfortable with. She went through enough of someone forcing her it seems.

Once my break was almost over I tell her and she nods and tells me that she was going to get a to go soup and I nod and gather our things. When she comes back she hands me a small bag.

"What's this?" I ask and she nudges the bag with a cute little smile and I open it and see a cookie.

"Aww thank you." I say with a small blush.

"Just a thank you for taking me here." She says and I nod.

I drop her off and get back to the station. I walk in, the smile on my face never disappearing. I sit down and Hoseok peeks over at me.

"Psst, Jimin-ah." He whispers and I look up at him.

"Yes?"

"Did you get my treat?" He asks with a small pout and I groan and lean back in my seat.

"I forgot sorry." I say and he waves me off.

"It's okay. I'll probably ask Taehyung to get me some." Hoseok says and I raise an eyebrow.

"Why can't you get yourself some?" I ask and he groans dramatically.

"I'm lazy. I'll just get it myself." Hoseok says and Jin comes and puts a file on our desks.

"New file. Let's get to work." Jin says and we nod and get back to work.