Chapter 11{ Predictible plot twist}

I wasn't as hungry as the McClains but I won't lie, that lasagna watered in my mouth. Does it taste good as it looked delicious? Well I wanted to find out.

We all sat at the table. We almost looked like an actual family. Rachel and Nadia as the daughters and Lance as my husband. I felt my temperature slowly rise. Why did this always happen when I thought of Lance?

I excused myself from the table. It seemed like they wanted to talk about something without me in the room. I just came up with an excuse like, "I'll get the kids to feed them."

So where was I now?

I was back in Lance's room, well approaching his room from the hall. Why did it seem like at this point I was getting deeper and deeper into something. I couldn't pinpoint it but I just felt like I should back down before I got burned from the mysterious fire.

Before I entered Lance's bedroom I saw another photo hanging on the walls. It looked like another old photo of him. And another old photo with the same looking girl who looked like me. Could it be me? I probably translated the sentence wrong. Yeah. That's it. Nothing else. This picture was a little different.

It seemed like a birthday party. Lance in the middle, smiling. Oh, how pure. There were two girls beside him. One looked like his sister, Veronica, she looked very young, less than 13. The other girl was very young. She seemed like a toddler. Maybe old enough to talk. The girl also looked like me, auburn hair and all. It was weird, to say the least. And to complete the picture there was Lance's mother and what I'm going to assume Lance's father. Wonder where he is. I've only seem to find his mother.

Picking up the two children, I went back downstairs to overhear Rachel and Lance fight about something.

"This isn't right! You're just going to lie to her face?! Have you ever paid attention to what she wants! This is why I can't fit in with the family! You guys are being selfish!" Rachel yelled across the kitchen.

I knocked on the inside of the kitchen wall. "Um-hey, where's the baby food?" I said while sitting both kids in high chairs. I'll just look for it myself.

"It's in the top right cabinet." Rachel said, impatiently she started to tap her fingers on the table. What happened while I was gone?

I guess Lance was trying to help me reach the cabinet but we accidentally touched hands. Why did every interaction with him make me nervous? What is this feeling?

After eating in uncomfortable silence, we finally finished. I tried to volunteer myself to clean the dishes. Lance refused as a "Guest couldn't possibly do it. It's our job to do it. You go on ahead." Very suspicious. I left with everyone except Lance.

Rachel and I went to her room, while Nadia and Yannie was dropped off to her room to sleep because it was already 9 at night. Silvio and Rosemarie also were dropped off to Lance's room.

"Are you sure I can stay the night? And also wear your clothes?" I said, hesitantly I got out of her connected bathroom. I looked at myself from her mirror. I was wearing an almost grey blue t-shirt and black sweatpants. This is fine. It's not like I never wore my friend's clothes. It's like a sleepover, right?

" I knew you would look great." Rachel said with stars in her eyes and a thumbs up. We've barely met but I think I'm too attached to the McClain family. This was supposed to be a simple job. I really did have to make it harder for myself, I thought.

"Shouldn't we sleep?" I asked. Since when did I become a parent? Surprisingly, we fell asleep listening to some music. And just like that, we slept in the same bed.