chapter six: mother, father, gentleman

o6 | mother, father, gentleman 

 .............................................

YORK's POV

In the end, Isla wasn't able to join us. She needed to bring Niall home since he was feeling a bit under the weather. I turned to Liam as he was driving. He was sweating. A lot. I handed him his handkerchief.

"Love, we can stop for a while," I told him but his eyes were still focused on the road.

He heaved a sigh and flicked his signal. We made our way to the beach. As we stopped, the beach was empty. It was windy so Liam put his coat over my shoulders and we made our way to the lone log that was found. Birds were our only company actually. I looked at him.

"You're nervous?" I asked him.

He stared at me with an are-you-serious look. I shrugged and took a walk alone. I embraced myself and he started running towards me. Scared of the collision we may have, I started running away from him as well.

"What are you doing?!" He shouted out to me, as he ran after me. "Don't run!" he added, grinning.

"Of course I'm supposed to run! It's a given when we're at the beach!" I told him, laughing.

After he caught up to me, he pulled my hand. He pushed some strands of hair from my eyes.

"You are gonna pay for that, love," he told me, as he pushed his lips towards mine. 

Mmm. This was heaven.

.................................

LIAM's POV

This. Was. Not. Cool. At. All.

The more we got near, the more I wanted to turn back. I mean, come on! Who wouldn't be nervous of meeting the parents? Well, at least I was a bit distracted at the beach a while back. I tried to sneak a look at her lips. They looked... well, let's say I wanted more.

I pulled up in front of her house. She quickly got out of the car and took the bag of sodas we bought a while back. My eyes darted to the house in front us. It was the quaint kind really. It looked all cozy and warm. Her house was made out of bricks and there was a long walkway that was filled with plants at the sides. There were also some short lamp posts at the side of the walkway. I looked at York and I suddenly realized that I was staring at everything.

"Everything okay?" she asked me and offered her hand.

"Mm-yeah," I answered in reply. 

"You know, my mom's not bad and my dad's... cool. They're alright, yeah? Just be... Well, just be your usual charming self," she told me, beaming.

Well, someone had a lot of confidence... and that definitely was not me.

*DING DOOOONNNNGGG

It sounded like doom. Crap, crap. Help me god. I tried to breathe and sucked it up. I'll do this. I want to do this. This is for me. This is for York. I can do this.

*Creaking of the door

OH NO. LET'S GO BACK. NO, I CAN'T DO THIS.

"Hi, good evening," a female voice said.

It was too late! I tried to smile as relaxed as possible but I thought I twitched. Ugh. Stupid nerves. 

The woman infront of me was also a beauty. Her chin length blonde hair was fixed properly and her blue eyes twinkled. Hmm, so this is where York got the looks.