chapter four: nerves

o4 | nerves

...........................................................

YORK'S POV

I got the door while Isla was still preparing for her "date" with Niall. As I opened it, Niall was standing there in his casual clothes. He was wearing a light blue fitted shirt and a checkered polo shirt that hugged his body to show off his lean body. He wore some dark jeans and white sneakers, plus a watch. I cleared my throat and then let him in.

"Hi. Isla's still preparing so you should sit first," I said, fumbling with my shirt.

"Thanks," he said in reply. 

"So tell me, Mister Horan, where are you bringing my precious Isla Rosington?" I said, trying to mimic an old woman's voice.

He laughed at me and replied, "I will be taking her out on a hot air balloon date, ma'am,"

Hot air balloon date? That was so sweet and... totally AWESOME! I should try that out sometime in future too. I added another thing to my mental checklist.

...............................................

NIALL's POV

York's voice suddenly softened as soon as she heard my plan. I wondered if it was good enough for Isla. 

"That's really nice... and special. I hope you have fun," she said in reply before she tried to reach a box of cereals on the kitchen shelf that was waaayyy beyond her reach.

"Y-yeah." 

I studied her closely. Her blonde hair was in a high bun and she was wearing a striped off shoulder top with some jeans and sneakers. No matter how many times I saw her, she still looked as pretty as the first time I met her at the bar... Or maybe, she was getting even prettier?

Questions suddenly filled my mind. Was Isla the right choice? I mean, she was really sweet and all... but I couldn't help feeling happy around York everytime she was near.

What if? What if?

These questions filled my mind.

GAAAH. No, I can't do this!

After I snapped out of that little daze, I looked up and saw her still trying to reach the cereal box. 

.............................................

YORK's POV

Before I could get a stool to be able to reach that stupid box, I suddenly felt some body heat behind me. I could smell his scent, dammit. He smelled like summer time and I felt my vision getting kinda hazy so I tried to breathe normally. Good god, help me.

He was close. He was just too damn close. I needed to move because this was some sort of compromising position. But, funny thing was, I didn't. I couldn't. It was like I was stuck there. 

As soon as he got the box, he smiled at me with his thousand watt smile so I smiled back as well. Isles was definitely right about him... He definitely was a charmer.

"Here you go, Miss Italia," he said in his Irish accent, handing me the box.

"Thank you," I said, trying to shrug what had happened there.

I looked at the cereal box and suddenly, I didn't feel that hungry anymore, but I still put some on my bowl and ate absent mindedly.

.......................................................