chapter seventeen: breaking someone else's heart

17 | breaking someone else's heart

NIALL’s POV

As soon as Liam finished talking on the phone, he went back to his conversation with York. She was looking at him intently, as if wanting to say something but was lacking the courage to do so. After talking for a bit, she gave him an apologetic smile and he just kissed her cheek.

Liam made his way back to the van and I averted my eyes to my new message. Liam plopped on the seat right next to Zayn’s so I opened it right away, knowing who it was from.

Did I leave something in the cabin? –Y.

I typed in my reply right away. We just passed two buildings and a streetlight.

Come see for yourself. I’ll wait. You know I will. –N.

I closed my phone and looked idly outside the window when suddenly; I felt a tap at my shoulder. As I turned to look, I was met with Liam’s brown orbs. His face was in a contemplating mode and I felt the whole van holding its breath. Well, even I did. Liam was the calmest and most rational one in the group but I think he was the scariest one when he got mad. He didn’t talk to anyone, or so I would like to think. Well, we haven’t seen him do that--- yet.

“Niall, I have to talk to you. I know that you know what needs to be talked about,” he said.

“Yeah, I know. Later?” I asked.

He nodded his head in reply and went back to his seat. Zayn looked at me and I just gave him a small smile, knowing that the topic would be about York.

-----------------------------------------------

YORK’s POV

We were doing the layout for the coffee table book of the lads. Fortunately, the shoot was a success since everyone was actually raving about the pictures. I was just a tad bit scared since Simon was going to look at them in a bit. I was going to send him the final layout and he would decide for himself if it was worth looking at.

I was busy typing away and clicking on my laptop when Reese handed me a cup of coffee. She smiled at me and I accepted it graciously. I was turning one of the pages into a collage of their pictures. It was all in black and white but honestly, even I thought it was stunning. Their features were all prominent and it was just breathtaking to look at.

My eyes wandered on Liam. He was smiling and all but it was like something was bothering him. I heaved a sigh.

My eyes were now on a certain blonde Irishman. His aura was of pure happiness and it just felt so positive. It felt like the sun would never set in his world and the sunlight would continue to shine on even though night came. I wanted to bask in the sunlight in his world. It felt so much like summer.

He was my summer.

-------------------------------------

NIALL’s POV

Many thoughts entered my mind as we got back. Everyone was just silent. No one dared to say anything. Aside from Louis’ and Harry’s jokes, the whole condo seemed so quiet for us. The other lads made their way to their rooms while the both of us stayed in the living room. He sat on the couch and I sat across him.

Oh, how typical of me.

“Ni, mate, I love York. I don’t know if I could let her go just like that, you know?” he said, pausing to look at my reaction.

My face was blank and I nodded my head, now knowing the feeling. He pursed his lips.

“I’m in love with her… and I probably still will be… but sometimes, there were those little moments... I could see the way she smiles, the way she moves and the way she talks when she’s around you. There’s something there. Actually, at the night at the bar, I already knew you liked her but you didn’t seem to move, so I did. I moved and look where it got me. I’m the one in love with her but she’s in love with you,” he said.